HD800? Another rumor?

riceboy

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's official, he's gone off the deep end of audio insanity. Anyone in the market for a free embolism should read #8 on his list... :asshat:

I called him out for the same thing when he first posted up his review prior to canjam Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio - View Single Post - Sennheiser HD800 Appreciation Thread

he clearly has transformed into a complete self serving :asshat:

Just picked mine up off the porch.

Really really really big box, I am actually surprised how much smaller these headphones are in person vs. photos. However the earcups are HUGE. Not incredibly impressed with the build quality the silver mesh on my pair seem to already have a scratch on them. The silver mesh also seems to attract finger prints/body oil quite a bit. You can also hear some sort of spring clicking in each of the ear cups when moving the earcups back and forth.

Initial impressions vs the D7000:

As many people say the D7000 has a coloring similar to a equalization of \__/. The HD800's right out of the box sound like they have a bit of midrange bias but much more balanced than the D7000. The midrange bias I'm hearing could be because I'm used to the d7000, but consider that I primarily listen to ESW9a's in the office.

String instruments on the d7000 still sound more realistic to me as the tone they carry is just much more solid. The HD800's are better a vocals and an overall more balanced sound.

That's it for now will provide more later :)

I don't hear any spring clicking and why would you touch the silver mesh? I was impressed by the build quality, actually better than I expected.

It was on accident since I was not use to the huge earcups, as I was taking them off my thumb touched silver mesh. :palm:

Intresting that you don't hear the spring clicking .... Any other owners care to chime in?

It was on accident since I was not use to the huge earcups, as I was taking them off my thumb touched silver mesh. :palm:

Intresting that you don't hear the spring clicking .... Any other owners care to chime in?

Haven't seen or heard anything like that on my end and I'm pretty sensitive to that sort of thing.

I also think the build quality on these is excellent.

Haven't seen or heard anything like that on my end and I'm pretty sensitive to that sort of thing.

I also think the build quality on these is excellent.

How weird I've uploaded a quick video from my laptops webcam so you can hear the creaking I'm referring to: