What are you listening to Part Two

deepak

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mj97k9.jpg

It's been too long since I've listened to this album. Many electronic music snobs consider it the greatest ambient album of the 1990s, and I tend to agree with them. This is the first time I've listened to it with my Quad CDP-2 and 12L Actives (now with an ARC LS9 in the signal path). Recreating such a deep ambient piece is asking a lot of desktop speakers, but they're doing an impressive job of it.

I will listen for the third time today this little gem:

Anne Sophie Mutter - Bach Violin concertos, Gubaidulina "in tempus presens"

51nfR0LHi5L._SS400_.jpg

I attended a few weeks ago a recital of her performing the Brahms violin sonatas, with her regular accompanying pianist Lambert Orkins. I think this lady has learned how to play with a soul, and this disc is a prove of it.

Derek Trucks Band -- Already Free

1527872_500x500.jpg

I am warming up the tuner now to listen to a live in studio performance of the Derek Trucks Band on 90.7 WFUV tonight at 9 EST. One of the best stations in NYC and excellent sound quality with a good tuner.

Now I just need to decide whether I hook up one of the Reel-to-Reels and record the performance.

I am warming up the tuner now to listen to a live in studio performance of the Derek Trucks Band on 90.7 WFUV tonight at 9 EST. One of the best stations in NYC and excellent sound quality with a good tuner.

Now I just need to decide whether I hook up one of the Reel-to-Reels and record the performance.

Why not Jeff?! Should be a nice thing to have available.