What are you listening to Part Two

deepak

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tend to go by musician rather than label when it comes to classical.

Needed to amend my previous statement.

Just ran through most performances of Rach Prelude Op. 23 No. 5 on youtube and Gilels is indeed the best. The worst "good" players being Kissin and Lang Lang. Prokofiev, even with his extremely wobbly tempo, manages to make it creepy as fuck in favor of grandeur.

2^3 or 10^3?!?!?

You may want to order them in batches, they vary. Some are indeed, very good, and completely under-rated.

I started with just a handful, though I ordered those before posting here. I may just get them all, or at least what shows up on Amazon. Strictly the vivarte selections, there appears to be like 20 or so titles. Some are unavailable though, so I'll have to look around or just get what I can. I may space it out though, I'm trying to put the money together for furnishing my last bedroom, which I intend to make into an audio den with some sort of headphone setup, and proper CD storage for once (going with Boltz racks) and maybe a nice leather loveseat.

i have an autographed copy of that. one of the benefits of going to Neidich master classes. great disc. he's better in person.

Thats pretty cool. The guy sure can play. I was shaking my head at this octave jumping thing he does on the fourth track (haven't played since 10th grade so I lack any musical vocabulary anymore)