What are you listening to Part Two

deepak

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on my experiences, I wouldn't agree with you. :D There are so many people (the vast majority) in grade school who play an instrument just to have something to write on their resume. And most music graduates from my uni don't end up with jobs in music. I don't see how they could.

Edit: No, haven't heard of him. But he's a DeLay student, which is funny because that's what 90% of people from that era (the era before DeLay died) write on their resumes, even if they only had 2 or 3 lessons with her. I'm sure he's a decent violinist, more or less.

Edited by mypasswordis

Still not sure I agree with you. The orchestra I have the most experience with is obviously the NSO, I studied under the co-concert mistress or whatever her position is, she was okay but not great, and I would say the same about the orchestra.

We should find a cellist and a pianist and get that Messiaen quartet thing going.

I wonder how the KW new disc got a 10 points review at Pitchfork :palm: Like numbers said it's more or less OK, but IMHO not much more than that. Or I'm growing very very old and hate when other musician's compositions are used to make money with pop music.

Now listening to

Gustav Mahler - 8th Symphony (Solti, CSO, Popp, Kollo...)

a433c0a398a0ad3544343210.L.jpg