• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bad Plus

51kaTaZUs8L__SL500_AA240_.jpg

Amicalement

PS

I did got the reference to Bad Plus from Mr. Dusty but I found out, on paper, that most of the tunes in their previous albums were not something I liked in their original version. I was about to let it go until I checked the last album list and found one song I had on top of my ''music to indentify, find, and buy'' list. Long Distance Runaround and Comfortably Numb are reasons enough to buy this CD.

PS

I did got the reference to Bad Plus from Mr. Dusty but I found out, on paper, that most of the tunes in their previous albums were not something I liked in their original version. I was about to let it go until I checked the last album list and found one song I had on top of my ''music to indentify, find, and buy'' list. Long Distance Runaround and Comfortably Numb are reasons enough to buy this CD.

That does make things harder, though not impossible. But sometimes "familiarity" is enough, whether or not you like the original tune. I think I'd enjoy that style of piano jazz trio renditions of Beatles tunes, even though I don't listen to the Beatles. Or string quartet renditions of the Beach Boys. Or whathaveyou. I did find myself having a harder time to enjoy that solo piano renditions of Radiohead tunes, because I'm just plain not that familiar with Radiohead, despite liking them.

I'd be curious about your honest reactions to anything from the rest of their work. They also have an album called "Prog".