What are you listening to Part Two

deepak

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edit: Oh and... Pelican - City Of Echoes

Pelican_City-of-Echoes.jpg

Thanks for this. Been wanting some music that kicks ass. I would like metal more if the vocals (shouting) didn't usually suck and since this is instrumental...

Been realizing lately that my vast playlist is littered with way too much wimpy crap. Time to do some weeding and get back to basics.

Thanks for this. Been wanting some music that kicks ass. I would like metal more if the vocals (shouting) didn't usually suck and since this is instrumental...

Been realizing lately that my vast playlist is littered with way too much wimpy crap. Time to do some weeding and get back to basics.

If you liked Pelican I'd also recommend Russian Circles, My Sleeping Karma, Red Sparowes, Wiht, TotorRo, Sleep and Zebulon Pike for mainly instrumental stuff. I don't tend to like growling vocals much myself so you might like Shrinebuilder, Gomer Pyle, WhiteBuzz, or Ancestors. That's kind of a varied list as it takes in a bit of stoner, doom and sludge.

If you liked Pelican I'd also recommend Russian Circles, My Sleeping Karma, Red Sparowes, Wiht, TotorRo, Sleep and Zebulon Pike for mainly instrumental stuff. I don't tend to like growling vocals much myself so you might like Shrinebuilder, Gomer Pyle, WhiteBuzz, or Ancestors. That's kind of a varied list as it takes in a bit of stoner, doom and sludge.

Checked out Russian Circles, Red Sparowes, and My Sleeping Karma. Great stuff, thanks! Especially love MSK.

Any stuff like this out there with good female vocals?