Replacing this Aleph.

Duggeh

No bugger excepting that vile, evil, murderous Belgian bastard wanted it when I tried to sell it last year but that worked out fine because a K1000 came into my life and the two of them got on just lovely.

With my passion reinvigorated for the AMT though, it can't cut the mustard both ways. Theres the most irritating hum on the right channel. Only with the AMT and I'm buggered if I know why. It's also being pre-amped by the NAD which leads to one sort of complication or another for muting the speakers. The NAD doesn't hum but is too powerful, if I'm not careful with the volume dial I blow my ears off, thus it is that I don't really have an amp that is fit for the purposes I require.

I'd be looking to sell the Aleph (or trade it) towards a second, low power integrated amp for K1000/AMT joy, but I'm buggered if I know what I should be looking at, there's all manner of shiny tube amps from Hong Kong on the Ebay but I'll be damned if I'm going near one of those stinking things ever again.

I guess what I'd like is integrated, remote control not essential but nice, as little as one input, preferably solid state and preferably class A for the hawtness and because I only need a few watts, 10 is probably an ample sufficiency, but this isn't essencial. Oh yes, and I'd like to spend as little as possible over the value of the Aleph please. I've also got a nice speaker switch I wouldn't be needing any more which I could flog for a bit extra. The

Edited by Duggeh

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick bit of looking on it and I probably could put one of those together. Not nearly as expensive as the 3 grand retail lead me to believe either.

I don't have any PSU boards, but I do in fact have some boards if you'd like, just like the ones above. I'll sell them for $15 for a stereo pair and I'll pay shipping and PayPal fees. If you don't do anything with them, it won't hurt my feelings. Just think of me as a DIY enabler ;) Also, you can get an F5 "kit" from tech-diy that I can order for you and shove in the envelope. See here:

http://tech-diy.com/Store/CloneKits.htm

Of course, the real cost is the case and the power supply....

Edited by luvdunhill

A kind offer thank you. I'll do some reading on things before I go jumping into anything though. I've had a look at some of the other Nelson Pass designs and so long as theres a sufficiency of information available to keep me right I suspect I could manage them. It's the PSU / Headsink/Case that looks hardest. The other factor is getting parts in the UK, I doubt Maplin carries Plitron transformers.

A kind offer thank you. I'll do some reading on things before I go jumping into anything though. I've had a look at some of the other Nelson Pass designs and so long as theres a sufficiency of information available to keep me right I suspect I could manage them. It's the PSU / Headsink/Case that looks hardest. The other factor is getting parts in the UK, I doubt Maplin carries Plitron transformers.

sure, just PM me anytime :) Back to your regularly scheduled program!

F5

1272623_3.jpg

OMFGZZZ!!

That is the most awesome piece of awesome EVAR!

What is the parts cost and stuff?

Even I might be able to make one of them if that tiny parts count is to be believed. :o

BTW, that layout design is the shit! Nice job

Edited by Smeggy

I don't like the idea of destroying a pretty good amp that's fully functional for purposes which just dont happen to include my own. Digitalmind never had any hum issues with it on his gear and its only the AMT that causes me trouble. If it were broken, or faulty I'd have much less issue.

I also like the idea that by the time I'm finished with the F5 (whenever that turns out to be) it'll be something that I put together entierly myself.