Is Building a Power Cable Similar to Building an Interconnect

The Monkey

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^

Do I Detect a Tom Brown's Schooldays - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia / Harry Paget Flashman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Reference?

What our colonial cousins have overlooked ( understandable, given their preference for obsolete technology, like the stove top kettle: Forget your stove-top kettle?go electric. - By Seth Stevenson - Slate Magazine ), is that with the aid of an electric kettle, the UK system allows you to boil water for a cup of tea, in half the time of the US system.

electric kettles take about twice as long to boil in the US as in the UK

Google Answers: 110volts vs. 230 volts -- Pros and Cons?

And they call themselves the land of instant gratification!

^

What our colonial cousins have overlooked ( understandable, given their preference for obsolete technology, like the stove top kettle: Forget your stove-top kettle?go electric. - By Seth Stevenson - Slate Magazine ), is that with the aid of an electric kettle, the UK system allows you to boil water for a cup of tea, in half the time of the US system.

electric kettles take about twice as long to boil in the US as in the UK

Google Answers: 110volts vs. 230 volts -- Pros and Cons?

And they call themselves the land of instant gratification!

It's a matter of prioritization. With the exception of Peter, nobody in the US cares about tea or how long it takes a kettle to boil. ;)

Yeah, green teas do better at 160 or thereabouts, and I've actually been experimenting -- successfully, I might add -- with anywhere in the 170-180 range for black tea. I like my tea less bitter/smoover than most. Yes, some may call it insipid. Fuck 'em.

PS I need screenshots of that animation.

Edited by Dusty Chalk

have been using my Aeropress to make my black teas. Works very well with far less tannons very smooth and rich flavor. I typically use a half a tea bags worth of loose tea and one scoop of water just off boiled temp stir for twenty cout (one thousand, two thousand etc,) press and mix in desired amount of water (boiled). Kind of like an Americano. By the way the Areopress make (to me) the best coffee I have ever had). Check it out .

[url=http://www.aerobie.com/Products/aeropress_story.htm]Aerobie

Green tea tastes like ass when made with fully boiled water. I use the scientific approach of boiling the water (on my stove) letting it sit for a few minutes to cool down, forgetting about it, coming back to find it's too cold, turning the burner back on and starting again. This is why I drink Earl Grey.

Green tea tastes like ass when made with fully boiled water. I use the scientific approach of boiling the water (on my stove) letting it sit for a few minutes to cool down, forgetting about it, coming back to find it's too cold, turning the burner back on and starting again. This is why I drink Earl Grey.

I'm not a big tea drinker, but I recall hearing that the scientific approach is to stop the heat before the water boils.

Getting it right up to boiling point supposedly drives off oxygen and other dissolved gases, which is apparently not optimal for the best taste.

$0.02

? for green tea drinkers - do any of you drink it for the caffeine (instead of coffee)? I keep hearing about the benefits of such a switch, but I don't know how much tea I would have to drink to make up for the 3-4 cups of joe I have every day.
I'm not sure, there's some controversy regarding this. Green tea and black tea are the same thing, only the black tea is roasted/fermented/painted/whatever. So on the one hand, don't be fooled by the fact that it's green, but on the other, that's what I've been told. I.E. it's probably an oversimplification, and is more complex than that.

To tell you the truth, it doesn't feel as caffeinated as even regular tea, I have no idea why. If I drink enough, late, it will keep me up. So I don't, but I can get away with a little.

I'm not sure what your goals are, but if you want to cut down without giving up caffeine, it's the perfect solution. If you want that "jolt", look elsewhere.

I would recommend the following: get plenty of sleep, drink lots of water, get some regular activity (exercise), start the day with protein, and don't forget to breathe. In other words, then you won't need the jolt.