Grado HF-2 thread

Cankin

I emailed TTVJ about upgrading my shipping method and asked whether or not my order will be from the first batch and this is their reply:

"Your HF-2s will be shipping next week on Wed. We will let you know your confirmation number when they ship. Please let us know if you have any questions. Thank you for your order and we will be in touch soon."

:dance: :dance: :dance:

Congrats! I just wish he would reply to my E-mails more quickly. :(

I initially wanted to bombard Todd with more E-mails and calls but I guess that could wait a little bit. He seems busy at the moment.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I emailed TTVJ about upgrading my shipping method and asked whether or not my order will be from the first batch and this is their reply:

"Your HF-2s will be shipping next week on Wed. We will let you know your confirmation number when they ship. Please let us know if you have any questions. Thank you for your order and we will be in touch soon."

Good stuff! I'm very happy you're in the first batch. Certainly, if it weren't for you I wouldn't be in the first batch!

Sweet, sounds like I might be in the 1st batch too then. Think I'm going to also order some HD414 pads soon to find out how they work with the HF-2.

When did you place your order?

There's a thread in a certain place on HC that has the info you want to know. ;)

seriously, I'm not sure if that's the standard answer everybody gets. You guys can send an email to [email protected] to check your order.

It was Brynn, the shipping manager who replied me

Good stuff! I'm very happy you're in the first batch. Certainly, if it weren't for you I wouldn't be in the first batch!

You will be the first owner of HF-2 in HK :)

Everyone keeps on comparing the HF2 to the PS1 sound, and I still haven't heard the PS1 so I can't get a picture of the HF2.

I do have heard the RS2, the HP2, the GS1000i, and the MSPRO, all considered different than the regular Grado sound (RS1 sound). How would the HF2 compare to those four? If the mids are less forward than the RS1, does it mean that the HF2 is similar to the RS2?

I don't think RS1s are the "regular grado sound", I haven't heard the MSPRO or RS2, and I think the HF2 sounds nothing like the HP2 or GS1000, except in that it's a grado, so the presentation is similar, even tho the tone isn't.

I dont get it folks......I just feel the needs to rant here. HF-2 seems to get a celebrity like status at HF, now there's a thread there where people are trying to guess how many pieces the runs going to be. For God sake, its just a farkin phone, not another birth of Messiah.......Wonder what are they going to discuss next......Nick Name for their HF-2? I guess I'll name mine DICK

Its going to be a very good headphones, no doubt about it. Its just the amount of the publicity its getting is way too much. At least there are 4 different threads talking about this. I just feel that it is too much and getting to level of hysteria. I maybe new to this but in my course of being a head-fier, never seen such a hysteria like this. Not even HD-800 (pre delivery). I have no problems if everyone receive their phone and commenting the performance but as of now ? Once again, I believe is way out of proportion.......

enough ranting.........:P

I dont get it folks......I just feel the needs to rant here. HF-2 seems to get a celebrity like status at HF, now there's a thread there where people are trying to guess how many pieces the runs going to be. For God sake, its just a farkin phone, not another birth of Messiah.......Wonder what are they going to discuss next......Nick Name for their HF-2? I guess I'll name mine DICK

People start stupid threads all the time when they have nothing better to do. That's no reflection on the quality of the headphones, just on the mindless stupidity of some people. Of the 20 or so of us that have had HF2 since CanJam, most have a little bit of experience with a wide range of headphones, including other Grados, none are prone to exaggerating qualities, and none have a vested interest in seeing if they succeed or not. Might want to search through the weedy posts to find why we like them. No one's claiming they're the second coming of anything, but they're really good headphones. Hopefully, when others start getting them, there will be more content and less pre-game chat, as one member called it.

Well, while on topic, I do have one observation: it seems that these limited HF Grados (both the HF1 and now the HF2) are better than their Grado counterparts within same price range.

Is this done on purpose? Kind of like a favor to the community as a bang-for-buck deal? Or is it simply coincidence that their sound is appreciated more than the regular lineup?

I suspect that this is it exactly. And also to make them sought-after.

And I'd care to guess that's why people are still talking about them all the time and making so many threads. Especially people that missed out on the HF1 production and don't want to pay a 150% premium for the used pair that creeps up every so often to the Classifieds. Or for people like me that weren't members back then.

It's a big deal now and it's going to be a big deal years down the line because of the collector's appeal.