Grado HF-2 thread

Cankin

Just read Todd's post; I guess if they had already built all the headphones, it would be a tough call, knowing they will probably sell all 500 anyway. But if the cups are just sitting there at Grado and they're going to continue using them that's messed up.

I believe the second part is true, they have the enclosures but there's no way they have them all done yet. So they are indeed deciding that the lesser of two evils is shove one of the misspelled cups up each buyers ass and see whether or not they'll take it.

Airfare to CanJam: $300

Picking up arguably the best bang/buck Grado while there: $429

Having one of 26 pairs that actually are done the way they were supposed to be done and not one of the 475 other F1 pairs: priceless

This really makes me want to woody them and take a picture of my blurry, FI cups sitting in a drawer. :indra:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sachu

IT pays not to sink money into a Grado doesn't it, though in this case the HCers will make a killing if they ever sell their HF2 . I just hope they got my cancellation two weeks ago. THey really do know how to stick it to ya.:o

Colin must be laughing hard about this when he reads it.:cool:

Airfare to CanJam: $300

Picking up arguably the best bang/buck Grado while there: $429

Having one of 26 pairs that actually are done the way they were supposed to be done and not one of the 475 other F1 pairs: priceless

Yup. Though the way I read it is that there are enough Head-F1 cups for 500, so there are 500 F1 cups and 20-ish (how many were there?) pairs that were done as they were supposed to have been done.

This really makes me want to woody them and take a picture of my blurry, FI cups sitting in a drawer. :indra:

Evil Nate. You could always sell the cups.

As I'm listening to mine now, I still think they're worth it, F1 or FI.

Well, my fault for not taking a plane to CanJam. At bare minimum Billy could have picked up my pair, arg....

I just called Todd and told him that I still want to keep my order. The 1 doesn't really bother me. I am just happy that John and Todd even bothered to release a special grado headphone. I think there are more important things to bitch about IMO. You have to admit the 1 does add a bit of character, and will lead to a fun little story and conversation when I talk about it with the kids in the future:p

IT pays not to sink money into a Grado doesn't it, though in this case the HCers will make a killing if they ever sell their HF2 . I just hope they got my cancellation two weeks ago. THey really do know how to stick it to ya.:o

Colin must be laughing hard about this when he reads it.:cool:

Well I emailed and called Todd to cancel my order. Maybe I will pick up the new ortho or something :D

Guest sachu
Well I emailed and called Todd to cancel my order. Maybe I will pick up the new ortho or something :D

Same here dude..getting 2 of the Audezes :cool:...and hell the HP-50 tops the HF-2 handily in my book.

#26 was the last one with the correct engraving?! Aw nuts, I could've had a "Fi" model if I hadn't contemplated for like an hour before putting in my order back on 5/15. :( Next time I will have to be quicker and far more impulsive.

head-f1.net is available though, i should buy it and just redirect it here.

I just applied for that domain. ;D

#26 was the last one with the correct engraving?! Aw nuts, I could've had a "Fi" model if I hadn't contemplated for like an hour before putting in my order back on 5/15. :( Next time I will have to be quicker and far more impulsive.
No. There were 25 pairs at CanJam (1-25) and Todd has #00. Those are the 26 pairs that read "FI" as far as I know. No one who ordered and had their pair shipped is getting anything other than F1.