JH Audio stuffs

atothex

You'll have to wait awhile for a response. :D

:palm: Just finishing catching up on what I missed, that pic prob would make an awesome avatar. Sorry, I was a little busy over the holidays and lost a few good local friends to moves which kind of put me in for a vegetative spell I think, blargh. No worries, I'm not disappearing.

Jaime posted this on head-fi and facebook:

Just an FYI for those of you not following JHAudio on Facebook (If you're not, you should):

"In honor of CES, we're taking $100 off the JH13! Offer valid Jan. 7, 2010 from 9am-5pm EST ONLY. Just use coupon code CES2010 at www.jhaudio.com/store."

Aaaaaand that hundred bucks off somehow did it for me. Just ordered a pair, translucent black.

"At my command...unleash the audiologist."

Just so you know, translucent black is actually more grey than black, but I've read somewhere that you can specify the opacity if you actually want it darker. I posted a pic of my pair a few pages back if you want to see what it looks like.

Just so you know, translucent black is actually more grey than black, but I've read somewhere that you can specify the opacity if you actually want it darker. I posted a pic of my pair a few pages back if you want to see what it looks like.

Oh cool, that sort of smoky grey is exactly what I was hoping trans-black was going to look like. Thanks for pointing me towards your pic -- I've read through this entire thread, so the truth is that that pic might very well be where I got the idea to go with that color in the first place. Erm...lack of color, that is...I think.

Picked up Pico DAC/Amp this afternoon and have been using JH13 with it for the past couple of hours (iMac > Pico > JH13). I'm really enjoying the combo and it's nice to be able to use JH13 while at my computer - the hiss from the headphone out on iMac/MacBook or Duet was too distracting for me. I do wish it had wee bit more volume range, though it probably doesn't help that I listen at low volume.

Impedence adapter?

There'd be no problem with using an impedance adapter if the JH16 had constant impedance, but since a lot of multi-driver IEMs--and, it seems, also the JH13--have impedance that varies widely with frequency, an impedance adapter would throw off the frequency response. And if the impedance varies with something other than frequency, like amplitude, you'll be adding harmonic distortion. I don't know that it does, but I have heard that this is the case for a lot of loudspeakers. An impedance adapter is just a resistor in series with your headphones. If you add a 70 ohm adapter, you're effectively adding 70 ohms to the output impedance of your amp.

Audiologist: Audiologized.

Bite: Blocked.

Ear molds: Squirted, cured, and ear-like.

The greedy hands of FedEx: Paid.

It's all winging its way to sunny Florida (erm...well...to Florida, anyhow. Dunno about 'sunny' these days) to be voodoo'd into my JH13s.

A new-to-me Mobile Fidelity DSOTM disc awaits their arrival...