JH Audio stuffs

atothex

Dude, get it fixed, they look like fucking dolphins going "oooo". Sorry, hate to be blunt, but I'd be a lot more pissed than you're being.
As some sharks fear dolphins (they have been witnessed - usually by sailors saved - raming sharks gills), maybe that "oooo" is their sarcastic "ohhh sharks" victory cry! ;)

Yes, I have a Navy-era dolphin tattoo.

Edited by blessingx

By writing a really annoying full page letter. Seriously. I tried to adequately convey the fact that I think the fit is very VERY close, but that the tiny problem is just annoying enough to make them uncomfortable. I described the location of the discomfort in detail (feels like the very end of the right earpiece is too deep in the canal). I then took a very thin piece of scotch tape, colored it with red sharpie, and placed the tape around what I perceive to be the problem area.

Wow, thats thorough. When I had my UE11s, I would just go down to their headquarters and have them adjust them while I waited. They would come back and i'd fit them in my ears. If they didn't fit well, they'd take them back and try again. It was very convenient to tell them right there what the problems were. Now with my ES3X, I sent it in for a refit once. When it came back it wasn't perfect, but luckily didn't cause me anymore pain, so I just stopped right there. I thought that any further adjustments might just screw up the earpieces more than they already were. This is probably the only reason that JH audio would be at a disadvantage compared to UE for me. Good luck with those adjustments, hope they fit you perfectly.

Well I have given it some time and can say the fit is damn near spot on. I still haven't had them in for longer than 40 minutes or so but so far I have not experienced any discomfort. The JH13s scale really nicely and the soundstage seems to be much deeper detailed and musician spacial placement better than the Triple Fis they are replacing. I still need to cycle through some of my higher rez files to get a better handle on the improvement but for now I am pretty pleased. As it turns out the sharks are right side up when the IEMs are properly in the ears though they didn't come out as I thought I communicated to Zac and given that these are the product of two failed earlier attempts, I will call it a day and just try to enjoy the music.

Dinny, I hope yours come back right this time.

Dinny, I too hope you get a good and comfortable fit this time. I think your measured posts on these wonder-cans will blossom into the proper joy and adoration after the re-fit! :P

Without getting into the fray, I was going to say that they looked right side up from the pic. Anyway, they are very cool looking, even if not quite as fierce as the model, and they will sound great no matter what. I suggest you try them right out of the ULN-8 headphone jack and you will be very pleased. Assuming, of course, you are up to speed and have the setup working. :cool:

It seems the Dynalo has corrected almost everything I was missing with the JH13 Pro out of the Sansa Clip+. It might seem obvious to many that a good home setup will destroy a cheap portable DAP, but I stand by my opinion that the JH13 Pro out of a budget portable setup sounds better than the vast majority of headphone rigs I've heard. One area where I thought the JH13 were lacking is treble extension, it was like they were struggling to reach the very top. Out of the HA-006+, I can't hear this problem anymore, which is very apparent for percussion instruments like cymbals and higher harmonics of string instruments. Another complaint I had was the relatively small size of the soundstage. With the Dynalo, it's still on the small side, but it's much easier now to locate instruments in space and the stereo separation is miles better. I'd still like a bit more of "around the head" imaging like on some full-size headphones, but it might not be possible on IEMs.

Some other things I've noticed so far: the bass has more weight and extends deeper, but isn't necessarily more present in terms of quantity, just tighter, which is exactly what I was looking for. Finally, I'd say the overall presentation has gone a few steps up in terms of intimacy, everything sound much more real, starting with the voices which sound extremely rich and lifelike. Needless to say, I'm very pleased with my purchase. :cool:

I pretty much agree there on the bass. I am a little puzzled by those who criticized the Pro13 bass, any more bass and it would sound contrived or artificial. They really do scale well and offer a smooth natural sound. I am hooking them up to my Trafomatic tonight for some transformer goodness. :) to make up for my ULN-8 fail.