JH Audio stuffs

atothex

As Mike posted earlier, if you have a really good fit you should have plenty of natural bass from the JH13s. When I wear mine I seem to have almost total isolation and needless to say the detail across the spectrum is spot on. I am happy, and the sharks are happy.

Zero interest here. Happy with what I got and don't need no moar bass.

I personally would not want a touch more upper bass.

Bass snobs.

popeye-bass.jpg

Edited by The Monkey

Not sure if you guys saw this, but JHAudio can tune your JH13s to your specific hearing loss. They tweeted a link to this thread earlier, so I guess they want the cool kids with Twitter to know it. @JHAudio, if you didn't know.

JH-13 Pro tuned for hearing loss - Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio

**BRENT**

Now that it looks like I will be in the JH-13 club I need to figure out what to power it. Pico for the time being but something with toobs would be cool. Being low impedance/high sensitivity might be tough though.

The JH13Pro sound fantastic with the Woo WA6, and the volume control is very precise at very low volumes, with no imbalance as you approach zero.

Portable Toobez

ttvjportablehybrid.jpg

I had the TTVJ portable Millett Hybrid amp but it's almost too noisy for very sensitive IEM, and the volume knob has channel imbalance until the knob is at 9 o'clock, and that is too loud to go to sleep listening.

Not sure if you guys saw this, but JHAudio can tune your JH13s to your specific hearing loss. They tweeted a link to this thread earlier, so I guess they want the cool kids with Twitter to know it. @JHAudio, if you didn't know.

JH-13 Pro tuned for hearing loss - Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio

**BRENT**

Saw that. It's attractive in theory. The thing is I'm so used to listening on stock gear that I wonder if a JH13 adjusted to my hearing loss would just sound wrong to me, instead of sounding better. I've posted the question to them (via their FB page), and we'll see what they say. I'm somewhat more tempted not to do it than to do it, at this point.

For those curious about the hearing-loss mod, here's my email exchange with Jerry (edited slightly for brevity on my side):

I have moderate hearing loss in both ears, especially in upper frequencies. (It seems to be a genetic thing on my mother's side.)

The thing is, I'm already a reasonably experienced audiophile <snip> and I generally like things that measure as more or less neutral. While having my earphones tuned to compensate for my hearing loss sounds good in theory, I worry that because I am so used to the sound of stock equipment voiced 'normally,' the tuned earphones might actually sound wrong to me, instead of sounding 'more right.'

Have you any thoughts or advice you can give me on this?

His reply:

Hi Michael,

I would go with the stock tuning. If you had severe hearing loss I would mod

the circuit. Mild to moderate loss is offset with a bit of volume. You will

find that as you increase the volume the ear response actually flattens out

and a high freq boost may sound tinny at a comfortable volume.

That being said if you need a mod after you get the 13s I can always tweak

it at a later date.

Best regards,

Jerry

What a thoughtful and helpful response. I'll be placng my order after we get the little one put to bed tonight, unless she wears me completely out first.

The Gremlins took them.

I have decided to get the 13s and then get the 16s at CanJam with the discount if I decide I really need them.

I guess no one has seen that Red Eye Red translucent. Jaime tells me my time to choose will be short as they have a five day turnaround now so I have to confirm my color choice soonish.

So, I find myself in need of a new pair of JH iems. After a bit of reading I think I will just get another pair JH-13s as I like the sound and have no need for more bass.

Has anyone seen Red Eye Red in person?

I know it's not quite what you're looking for since colors can vary greatly from one monitor to another, but check out JH Audio's photos on their facebook page, under Sweet Ears, and there were couple pics of earpieces with the Red Eye Red.

JH Audio's Photos | Facebook