JH Audio stuffs

atothex

So for those that sent yours back for refit what was the turn around? Did it look like they just shaved off around the troubled area or build a new one?

In my experience with the UE11 and ES3X, they just shaved off different areas to better match my ear depending on my description. If you have fit problems, its definately best to describe in as much detail as you can about where the problem areas are. In the case of my UE11, they had modified one earpiece so much that the earpiece had to be completely replaced due to the integrity of the mold. I'm not sure how nice the earpieces from JH Audio come back after a refit, but in both of my cases with Westone and Ultimate Ears, the earpieces definately came back less shiny(pristine) and slightly marred compared to what they looked like brand new.

@Dan - The color of those are awesome and the polar bear artwork rocks!:dan:

Super duper Dan! I would say welcome to the club but I'm not quite in yet....

So for those that sent yours back for refit what was the turn around? Did it look like they just shaved off around the troubled area or build a new one?

For me, they built a new right earpiece, but I had to send in a new impression for my right ear (which apparently wasn't done properly initially). They shipped the new earpiece ~2 days after they received the new impression.

So, if anyone's on the fence about the JH13s, the raves aren't exaggerations. They may not be perfect, but they don't have anything I'd call a flaw at this point. PRaT is amazing, bass quality and impact, detail, tone, you name it. I'm bouncing around to music that isn't even particularly bouncy.

I haven't used these at home too much because of the need to hear people and interact when I am there, but damn if the luvdunhill FET-tastic amp isn't making me want to plug in and tune out in a big way. I set it up last night finally with the Lavry DA-10 and a Squeezebox and it is awesome sounding. The bass is so deep and plentiful on this setup that it is nuts. I will probably use this when I am working at home because it is great for isolating oneself.

Is anyone still on the fence about these? I figured people were either saving up or waiting for the right financial time to place the order. Or, possibly, waiting on JH13 v JH16 impressions. Other than that, I see little reason for anyone thinking about it to not just place the order.

**BRENT**

Do you work for JHAudio? ;)

Is anyone still on the fence about these? I figured people were either saving up or waiting for the right financial time to place the order. Or, possibly, waiting on JH13 v JH16 impressions. Other than that, I see little reason for anyone thinking about it to not just place the order.

**BRENT**

I'm not buying them. I'm waiting to see how long this particular love affair lasts. I can easily afford them but I'm really happy with my ER4s.

Yeah that seems to be the story from most people.

I use IEMs for work and now I am thinking of switching to over-ear closed phones with my AE-2 to make taking them off easier etc. because as I rise higher more and more people are bugging me all the time. If I do that I will have no use beyond travel for my IEMs: My wife hates when I have my IEMs in at home and can't hear her if she calls, riding with them is a massive fail (I use speakers on the trainer). That leaves pretty much no real use in my life as of right now. I'm still planning on getting a Slim and probably a Zune HD to go along with it so if that reignites my IEM passion I may start taking a look again.