Ye Macce Threade

the iPad is certainly a computer.

A handcuffed one, sure. If it does what you want a computer to do then it is a terrific device, but my experience with it and other apple products are that you have to be careful about researching your use case vs. what they assume your use case will be. Flexibility is not its strength, in my opinion.

for the first time I attached my ipod to itunes 10 today and its telling me 'this copy of itunes does not support ipod, iphone or ipad syncing'. I tried my ipad, sure enough, it shows up as a device and tells me the same thing. I delete and reinstall another copy... same shit.

WTF!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!

im starting to think apple is hiring monkeys from the local zoo to program their shit.

Anyone have any idea what the fuck is going on?

for the first time I attached my ipod to itunes 10 today and its telling me 'this copy of itunes does not support ipod, iphone or ipad syncing'. I tried my ipad, sure enough, it shows up as a device and tells me the same thing. I delete and reinstall another copy... same shit.

WTF!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!

im starting to think apple is hiring monkeys from the local zoo to program their shit.

Anyone have any idea what the fuck is going on?

You may have to do a more complete uninstall and reinstall. It's actually a fairly complicated process. I got this from Apple ->

Before beginning, please back up your iTunes library as explained here:

How to back up your media in iTunes

How to back up your media in iTunes

To uninstall iTunes, please follow the steps in this article:

Removing iTunes for Mac OS X

Removing iTunes for Mac OS X

After you've uninstalled iTunes and removed the related files, you will need to reinstall it. You can download the latest version free of charge from the iTunes website:

Apple - iTunes - Download iTunes Now

After you've reinstalled iTunes, please ensure you have the latest version of QuickTime installed. You can find the latest version here:

Apple - QuickTime - Download

thanks for the help Larry, sadly it didnt do dick and its still hosed. Now I need to find a way to get the old itunes back on here.

:dinny:

What happens if you create a new iTunes Library and put a few songs in it, and then try to sync as a test? (if this works, your old library is hosed).

You may be able to re-create your library by importing the iTunes Music Library.xml or iTunes Library.xml file into the new iTunes library, but you may have to drag all your music to the new library and make your playlists from scratch instead.

nothing to do with libraries or accounts, the moment the pod/pads etc. are plugged in it sends up the message, you click it and the pod/pad icon vanishes from itunes. It's as if the program is incompatible with the devices. You literally can't do anything.

So, that means you did try creating a new library before plugging in a device? I'm still surprised the detailed removal of iTunes, followed by a fresh install didn't work. Maybe it's time to visit an Apple Genius Bar?