Kitty Talk

Dusty Chalk

glad to hear she is doing better. lots of good advice.

for food, lots of cats love baby food. just make sure there is no onion or garlic in it - pureed chicken and turkey go over well here. also, strong smells sometimes work. our old vet used 9 Lives tuna for getting post operative cats to eat. truly the nastiest food on earth.

Since going back to the safe room method, she is now eating anything and everything we put in front of her. Even dry food. So again, human error seems to be at the root of her problems. We are taking our sweet time with her now and she is a much happier feline.

Matter of fact, here she is:

PW8y3Wi.jpg

Edited by Absorbine_Sr
  • Like 1

Yes, noisy cats can be fun and not fun.  Of our two cats, one is a pretty noisy one; he will come right up to me and meow in my face, and the SECOND I move my hand to pat him will purr like a machine.  But it does get annoying when we're trying to go to bed, or early in the morning.

So, after a week of safe room confinement, Gumballhead seemed ready to try the whole house again. She seemed pretty happy, hanging with us part of the time and under the bed or back in the safe room part of the time. But she is not low walking, has been running and playful, and also hanging out in the windows checking out her domain. So pretty good so far. Debbie took this earlier.

ejynBLh.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My Mom's Snowshoe Siamese had to be put down. He had kidney problems, and it got much worse recently. This was the only cat that her husband ever liked, and they had a really special bond. 

I found Simon (yeah, Simon the Siamese) on a walk to the corner grocery store several years back. He was about 4 months old, and a walking skeleton. He found me and I'm sure was begging for food and help. I'm a total sucker for any animal in need, and couldn't help myself. My Mom was on vacation in Alaska at the time (visiting her Husband, who was still working there at the time). She fell in love with him instantly upon her return, as did her Husband once he moved down about a year later. She told me that Norm (her Husband) cried. I have never seen much emotion from Norm of any kind, so I guess the bond was even greater than I understood.

My dog Susie and Simon were great friends, and would play daily when Susie was at Granny daycare (my Mom watched Susie when I was at work). So now Mom & Norm are missing Susie and Simon.

I feel bad.