Kitty Talk

Dusty Chalk

Sorry for your loss.  When we inherited Greystone when my wife's father passed away 2 years ago, we had to guess he was 12 years old and his kidneys were starting to fail.  He's gone 2 more years knock on wood, but it's time for another checkup.  Meanwhile he's not been able to gain weight and is still very skinny at 7 lbs.  We're all very attached to him, and wish there was a way to help all our pets last as long as we do.

My Mom's Snowshoe Siamese had to be put down. He had kidney problems, and it got much worse recently. This was the only cat that her husband ever liked, and they had a really special bond. 

Sorry I missed this, and very sorry to hear about your kitty.

Sorry for your loss.  When we inherited Greystone when my wife's father passed away 2 years ago, we had to guess he was 12 years old and his kidneys were starting to fail.  He's gone 2 more years knock on wood, but it's time for another checkup.  Meanwhile he's not been able to gain weight and is still very skinny at 7 lbs.  We're all very attached to him, and wish there was a way to help all our pets last as long as we do.

A good resource for all things CKD http://www.felinecrf.org/

• 2 weeks later...