SoFla Winter Meet 12/5/09

screaming oranges

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The meet will be at the Hyatt Place in Plantation, FL. The meet room will be $100 for the day, which is $100 or $200/day less than the previous visit. Rooms are normally $119 to $129/night. We can reserve them at $99/night and this includes breakfast. To get this rate call Michele at 954-370-2220. When I called she answered but if she doesn't just ask for her by name or ask for sales. Her extension is 7197. I've blocked 4 rooms. I can block more, if needed.

Edited by tyrion

Nice final post there Mike. How do these people not know that we are the meet-masters?

On that note, I think we need a party in Tampa sometime in the Fall. I'm not all that interested in doing a meet (we've talked about this before), but anything is possible. Now that everyone's ditching the home rigs for JH13's a meet could get pretty sad anyway.

If we did do a meet I probably wouldn't use that tiny room in Ybor again. It worked but barely. Actually as far as the partying we need to spend a night at Mr Dunderbak's and Skipper's, so we could put the meet up on the north side of town around USF. Hotels are way cheaper up there.

• 1 month later...
id love a meet in the tri county area....

i might throw a small meet at my house once the repairs are done. Taking alittle longer than expected, but it should be done within a month or so.

Have you already forgotten that I said last night there will be a meet in December? :palm::)

Nice final post there Mike. How do these people not know that we are the meet-masters?

On that note, I think we need a party in Tampa sometime in the Fall. I'm not all that interested in doing a meet (we've talked about this before), but anything is possible. Now that everyone's ditching the home rigs for JH13's a meet could get pretty sad anyway.

If we did do a meet I probably wouldn't use that tiny room in Ybor again. It worked but barely. Actually as far as the partying we need to spend a night at Mr Dunderbak's and Skipper's, so we could put the meet up on the north side of town around USF. Hotels are way cheaper up there.

I'd come up for it anytime except for the first half of November. The Atom is in storage there, so any excuse to get to Tampa works for me.

I'd come up for it anytime except for the first half of November. The Atom is in storage there, so any excuse to get to Tampa works for me.

It will be either the first or second weekend in December. Most likely the second weekend (12/12 I believe). Jp is in town both weekends but I may be busy the first weekend.

My traveling days are over for the rest of the year, at least until the office closes for Christmas/New Years so Tamp will be out for me. I will know tonight which weekend in December the meet will be. I will probably rent the same place we have used the last few times in Plantation but if this stays on the smallish side, I will see if I can come up with something more interesting.

I'm going to change the title of this thread and make it the meet thread.

Edited by tyrion

Well, it'll be quiet for everyone who has JH13s in, that's for sure.

Maybe you lot should learn sign language. Or are you just going to text each other, so that you don't have to take 'em out?

We can use those Shure PTH devices to talk to each other while still listening to JH13s, and just sit around on couches surfing the internet and posting about what a great time we're having. Kind of like DanJam, except nobody bothered to use the PTH mics.

Looks like I'll be able to make this one, almost for sure. I'm going to have to take a road trip up to Virginia in late November to get some work done on my Atom, but I should be back in time for the meet.

I blew out my muffler during AtomFest which caused a bunch of stuff to melt, like my speedo sensor (completely fried) and O2 sensor (hanging on by a thread). Then I loaded my pickup truck into the trailer like only a true idiot could, and it broke loose under hard braking (when the GPS lady told me something completely unexpected) and slammed into the back of the Atom, causing more damage. Nothing too serious, but they'll have to replace a few gizmos like my reversing light and a brake light, and then re-check all of the geometry on the rear end to make sure that nothing has shifted too badly. I'm hoping the weather will cooperate such that I can get some track time at VIR after Humpty Dumpty is put back together again.