Apple Tablet

How do you like the software keyboard guys after two days of use? I'm a touch typer and can go quite fast on a real keyboard, the virtual keyboard is one of my worries with the iPad.

I can actually type quite well on the keyboard. I was a bit worried before I got it but it has proved to be a nice keyboard.

I am interested in hearing this process as well. I have been looking at cell phones and wireless hotspots from the various providers to determine if I could make a nice portable iPad Internet solution without having to use AT&T.

I am interested in hearing this process as well. I have been looking at cell phones and wireless hotspots from the various providers to determine if I could make a nice portable iPad Internet solution without having to use AT&T.

You want the sprint overdrive, Jeff

So I'm not sure I get this. If I want to tether my ipad to my VZW droid eris, I need to convince the ipad that the eris is a WiFi router. Fine. But does that mean I can "route" over VZW's 3g?

Uh, what you're doing is making the eris into a 3g modem + router. The ipad sees the eris as a router and connects to it.

What should I use to improve my wifi signal in the house and outside (backyard)? I am using a cable modem/router.

I've been seriously thinking about picking up the Airport Extreme Base Station since my Macbook supports wireless N which is supposed to have much better range and speed compared with G based networks. The iPad also supports wireless 'N' and should get that same better range the base station. If you go through the Education store you can get $10 off. Not a cheap solution but most around here have claimed that Apple makes excellent routers.

What should I use to improve my wifi signal in the house and outside (backyard)? I am using a cable modem/router.

Well, you could get another wifi router and configure it to connect to your current network and help increase the coverage area. I know you can do this with Apple routers... I'm sure you can do it with others. Also, if your current WiFi router has an antenna jack on the back, you might be able to attach an antenna to increase coverage (not sure if routers have this anymore though, they used to).

...Also, if your current WiFi router has an antenna jack on the back, you might be able to attach an antenna to increase coverage (not sure if routers have this anymore though, they used to).
The D-Link I purchased last year did. Attached a high-gain antenna. Looked a little different than this one.

Also some fun iPad wallpapers.

Thanks all. My cable modem and router are integrated. The router is only a b/g. I think I should get a new modem and then use an n router with it. Hopefully, this will be enough. I have an n router that I can use with the cable modem. I then can add the Airport Express if I still need to extend the signal.

I'd just plug in the N router into the cable modem, and add a 2nd network. Use the existing one as a guest network, and the N for things that need the better range and speed.

That could work, when you come by to set that up for me? :) I may give that a try tonight and see if I can figure it out.