Apple Tablet

I received one as well. I believe the reason for the email is because on the website it shows May 7 as the ship date for the 3G. Those that pre-ordered got the email so we didn't think that our shipping date changed from late April to May 7. At least that's what I'm thinking.

I think that was because new orders on apple.com are showing a may 7 ship date

Ah, that makes sense. My order status has not changed, it still says late April.

.... Now that I have both Rowmote and iTeleport I am doing even more with the iPad that I used to do with the laptop.

Jeff, does Rowmote add anything beyond what iteleport offers?

Ah, that makes sense. My order status has not changed, it still says late April.

Jeff, does Rowmote add anything beyond what iteleport offers?

No I just bought Rowmote before I bought iTeleport. Rowmote is a nice GUI for the control while iTeleport is screen sharing that looks quite a bit sharper than standard screen sharing. I am sure iTeleport does a million other things but I just use it for chat, iTunes control and sending myself files via e-mail.

I am not not getting one. I am not not getting one. I am not not getting one. I am not not getting one. I am not not getting one. I am not not getting one. I am not not getting one. I am not not getting one. I am not not getting one. I am not not getting one. I am not not getting one. I am not not getting one. I am not not getting one. I am not not getting one. I am not not getting one. I am not not getting one. I am not not getting one.

Edited by grawk
fixed a typo

I am not not getting one. I am not not getting one. I am not not getting one. I am not not getting one. I am not not getting one. I am not not getting one. I am not not getting one. I am not not getting one. I am not not getting one. I am not not getting one. I am not not getting one. I am not not getting one. I am not not getting one. I am not not getting one. I am not not getting one. I am not not getting one. I am not not getting one.

Let us know what you think when it arrives. :)

I didn't think you could use that for the refubs. Thanks.

I just checked and the price appears to be the same in the education store as it is in the regular apple store.

Sometimes you can, others it makes no difference. But like you I think the slightly more expensive, newer, better equipped version makes good economic sense in this case. And I'm not sure if the Touch promo is still running or not, I haven't seen anything about that in a while.

The iPod Touch promo (or any ed promo) usually starts running mid to late summer and runs through September... in line with Back to School type sales. It seems like it also serves to diminish the current stock of iPods for their inevitable Sept/Oct iPod update. At least that's how it's been the last few years.

The rebate is variable depending on the state. In many states, you have to buy everything and then mail in or submit the rebate. In CT at least (I know this because my mother bought a MBP and iPod Touch) the rebate is applied directly at the point of sale as per CT law.

I got that email, too, and my Apple support web page also still says shipping late April.

However, my Quicken program just downloaded a transaction from Apple on my DiscoverCard, a charge for $99 for an Apple Online purchase, with no specifics. I looked online and the only thing I could see was 'iPad app' with no price. I looked in iTunes, and there were no transactions for $99. I couldn't remember any purchase, but have been downloading iPad apps left and right already; so I called to ask about this, mainly to make sure I wasn't charged for something by mistake. He looked it up, then ran through, very quickly, all the stuff I ordered, 'case, adapter, keyboard, support', then 'the charge was for the Apple Care support'; yes, I did order that a long time ago, but iPad hasn't been received or shipped yet, why charge for it already (angrily)? He stammered a bit and said they are allowed to charge for the support program before you receive the item and they charge for it when they prepare it for shipping and it will be effective after you activate it ... 'REALLY? .... hmmmmm' .... (Quickly) Any other questions? Thank you sir, (hang up).

Am I reading too much into this, or are we VERY close to receiving the email that it's being shipped? :-)