Apple Tablet

I am not surprised by this. My husband's brother bought their mom an ipad. When I visited her in August, she didn't even know what they app store was (even after going to a class on how to use the ipad :palm:). I ``forced'' her to set up an account of her own and downloaded some basic free apps. I guess my husband's brother had set up the ipad for her and she was just using the mail program and safari.

• 4 weeks later...

I've considered those in the past as well as the hard cases that are supposed to be coming out. Most of the time I would have it in my lap and it seems that the ones like the Kensington may not be stable but worth checking out. The hard case ones take the iPad from a nice portable device to something bigger than I think I would want but should check them out as well. The beauty of the 11" MBA, like the iPad is that they are perfect for portability. Rationalization, sure but not unreasonable. Thanks, I had actually forgotten about this option.

These all look cool. But it would be nice to know how much they really weigh, plus I'd want to be able to open it up like a tablet if I didn't need the keyboard. I wouldn't want to have to remove the iPad. It'll be nice when they are all released and you can actually see them and read other's experiences.

It took me a few tries and then it worked for me. The servers are probably overwhelmed. I like the changes so far. Some people are complaining it slowed their iPads but I have not noticed any change in speed. The home button is slightly delayed but I am guessing that is due to the double tap for switching between programs. Also, Atomic Browser tabs don't disappear when ever you close it and then open it up again.

Worked beautifully on both the iPad and iPhone for me. Don't really see much benefit but the unified inbox for e-mail. It would have been a lot more interesting if the real air print had shown up and not just the watered down HP version.

A few people have reported that their USB DAC/amp that worked before with the camera connection kit have now stopped working with 4.2, with the iPad telling them that they draw too much power. One person has the Nuforce uDAC, and another the iBasso D12. They claim they worked before and now they don't.

On head-fi I posted a detailed report of 8 USB DAC/amps that work with iPad 3.2, and the uDAC and D10 were among those that work now. I am now waiting and watching to see if Apple killed this for all USB DACs or just some of them. I did save my SHSH blobs with tiny umbrella when I jailbroke it, and I suppose I could go to 4.2 and test it out, and return to 3.2.1 if I don't like it. But, I have the iPad working exactly the way I want it, and I don't want to screw it up or have to re-install everything and re-jailbreak it.