Apple Tablet

Largest group of iPad critics: non-religious/atheist

Largest group of iPad owners: non-religious/atheist

Something everyone can agree on and proof of Apple fans feelings for Steve are still in check.

iPad-Religiosity.png

Still have suspicions on validity of polls like this based on Facebook feedback though.

In case anyone is looking for an Apple-like "PU leather" case, this looks a good deal right now...

Buy.com - iPad Premium PU Leather Folding Case

215783907.jpg

Just received today. Except for the material, the clips to hold in place, an upside-down slot for paperwork to fall out, the latch, a logo and the general porportions and a it's just like in the photo.

On vaca in Maine with daughter's family. Three little girls - 8 and 5, and their 4 year old cousin. Made the mistake of showing them the iPad. Photos, videos, downloaded some kids apps - coloring, spelling, etc, etc. Now I can't get near the thing, and it is amazing how naturally they take to the ui. Fun to watch, but I miss my iPad - in the middle of a book. Told son in law he needs to get his butt to the Apple store in Portland and get one. :)

On vaca in Maine with daughter's family. Three little girls - 8 and 5, and their 4 year old cousin. Made the mistake of showing them the iPad. Photos, videos, downloaded some kids apps - coloring, spelling, etc, etc. Now I can't get near the thing, and it is amazing how naturally they take to the ui. Fun to watch, but I miss my iPad - in the middle of a book. Told son in law he needs to get his butt to the Apple store in Portland and get one. :)

Gene,

Tell him to hop on Craigslist instead, it would appear to me that there's a fair number of wifi-only models up for sale.

I'm liking my pad more and more. Works really nicely as a drawing slate, is a great VNC station and now I have the camera kit, a nice music station and pic downloader. I popped my SD card in it earlier and it sucked all the pics down really quickly. I wish there was a way of using it as a proper external monitor though, that would be awesome for running real progs from the mini without digging out a monitor.

• 2 weeks later...