Apple Tablet

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Speaking of the future, anyone have any hopes for Moto? Not setting too high expectations...

Yup, I have high hopes. Given what Moto has been able to do with the Droid it is reasonable to expect that they can make both a compelling and capable device to compete with the iPad. And of course their promotional material is going to be over the top with regards to the industry leader/standard. All I know is that so far my Droid X is a far better phone and certainly the equal as an entertainment device compared to my iPhone. Granted, I didn't have the iPhone 4 but there's a least a chance that Moto's offering will be something that interests a lot of folks.

I initially was rather opposed to the idea of anuthing apple but I must say the iPhone is starting to grow on me. The interface mostly. Hardware wise I don't care for the phone one way or the other. But after playing around with a MacBook air and the iPad I am starting to like their products more. Am I going to give up my thinkpad for a Mac? No. The trade off between money spent on hardware and money spent on a spiffy interface is too high. Now if apple reduced prices or offered better hardware for the same price...

You are also paying for the better integration of the hardware/software/OS. That to me has become worth the premium price. That being said, the evo 4g, has made me appreciate the android OS, especially on a smaller device like a phone or smaller tablet. I think it is definitely competitive with the iPhone/iPad OS.

Edited by morphsci

Well the whole line between glass and aluminum thing is great and all but beyond the initial honeymoon period does one really care for such things after say 9 months? the build quality of IBM thinkpads was incomparable IMO. I still have mine from 6 years ago and after having gone down a flight of stairs 3 times and being dropped many more all that happened to it was a chip on the USB port side chassis. Upgraded ram but other than that nothing else was changed. That tp is thinner than my current one. I don't think any mainstream current production laptops can take that kind of accidental abuse with crapping out.

Old thinkpad build quality + matte black chassis + apple interface would be my dream. Too bad it will never happen :(