Apple Tablet

i'd get 3G. even if you don't plan on using the 3G connectivity at first, you never know when it might be handy. the 3G version isn't that much more expensive, after all.

^This. Although I have to say that Jeff's tethering with his Sprint whatchamacallit worked pretty flawlessly. But that may end up being the same price.

Was at the local Apple store last night and an employee told me that they are currently sold out as well. All iPads that come in are typically tagged as pre-orders (you can still reserve one from the store). Occasionally they get an order big enough to sell some at random, but it's not often.

If anyone needs an Apple case let me know and I can try to get one, the Apple store has a bunch. Assuming I haven't left for the concert

Damn, how did I miss this? If anyone sees an Apple ipad case, could you please purchase it and send it to me, please, pretty please? (I would of course cover the costs of case and shipping and I would love you forever). I keep checking my local store and they are always out when I call. :(

I ordered one from apple.com a week ago but it is not supposed to get here until May 29th.

i'd get 3G. even if you don't plan on using the 3G connectivity at first, you never know when it might be handy. the 3G version isn't that much more expensive, after all.

^This. Although I have to say that Jeff's tethering with his Sprint whatchamacallit worked pretty flawlessly. But that may end up being the same price.

The cost of 3G for me means 32GB instead of 64GB since there's just no way that I can mentally justify spending more on the iPad than I practically did on my Macbook. As is usually the case I find myself on the precipice of needing to do something about my home computer situation since my last effort quite literally crashed and burned and the more I spend on the pad the less I'll have to spend on the home solution.

if you sync your contacts/calendar elsewhere, just turn off that account when you're using it elsewhere

Is this to help with the privacy issue?

Is it correct that: this would prevent syncing and therefore prevent people messing things up on the other computer(s), but that previously sync'd calendar and contact list would still be visible on the Ipad? Or would the whole calendar and contact list vanish once you turned off that account?

Plus any changes anyone made on the iPad would later become sync'd, once you turn that account back on?

Is this to help with the privacy issue?

Is it correct that: this would prevent syncing and therefore prevent people messing things up on the other computer(s), but that previously sync'd calendar and contact list would still be visible on the Ipad? Or would the whole calendar and contact list vanish once you turned off that account?

Plus any changes anyone made on the iPad would later become sync'd, once you turn that account back on?

The calendar and the contacts from an external source would go away completely once you turned off the account, and changes made wouldn't affect that calendar.

I have a me.com and a gmail.com account synced with my ipad and iphone. If I turn off one or the other, the details from that account goes away completely. When you turn them back on, they come back.

The calendar and the contacts from an external source would go away completely once you turned off the account, and changes made wouldn't affect that calendar.

I have a me.com and a gmail.com account synced with my ipad and iphone. If I turn off one or the other, the details from that account goes away completely. When you turn them back on, they come back.

Well, that's pretty magical and revolutionary! I'll have to give it a shot!

Do you actually sync two calendars? I thought we couldn't sync iPad calenders to multiple different calendars yet? Or did you do the work around? I'd like to sync my Google calendar (personal) AND my Apple Me calendar (work), but from my research, it seems like they'd both want to sync to the main iPad calendar and there's no way to sync each to a different iPad calendar. I've read there's a work-around, but I fear work-arounds because when I've done that in the past, it often turns out badly for me (corrupted data, nasty results from a bad sync, etc ...).