Apple Tablet

BTW, there are several streaming audio apps that background run through Mobile Safari. I use the iPhone WMFU app on the iPad this way. Wunder Radio supposedly does also, though I haven't tried it on the iPad version (this claims it - the iPhone one works like a charm on the iPhone).

Edited by blessingx

LOL Does the camera connection kit for the iPad allow connecting other USB devices like external HDD?
Not on purpose, but yeah sorta kinda maybe. I wouldn't put any money into it, though, as historically, Apple has locked out such "accidental" features. Unless they decide to endorse it. I don't know if they've done the latter yet with the camera kit, though.

I am tempted to get another Pico Amp/DAC for the iPad but I think I will wait for a good jb (Spirit doesn't appear to be there yet) or the release of 4.0 for multitasking. It's pointless to listen to music on the iPad if you can't multitask while listening.

Gasp, I hate to mention anything other than Pico DAC/amp, and I know I'll likely be roasted for this, but for a bit less money you could get an iBasso D4 dac/amp which sounds quite similar if you can live with the crappy 8-10 hour battery life from a 9v rechargeable. But the Pico with 30 hour battery and smaller form factor is a definite plus, and you might find a used one shipped for only $100 more than the D4. The resistance to GSM buzz in the Pico is also better than the iBasso, so with a 3G iPad the iBasso might not be a good choice after all. Nevermind. :P

Captain Lazy, please do a bit of reading.

kthxbye

LOL, I've been reading a bit about the iPad, but not every post and news about it. I stopped being interested when it was known that it hadn't USB/Firewire ports.

As punishment, Antonio, you will have to attend CanJam in Chicago and be forced to drink and act up for a few days. :police:

Hehehe, I wish I could attend. And not for the gear precisely... ;D

I'm suprised this isn't an app yet

splash.jpg

Cupidtino is a beautiful new dating site created for fans of Apple products by fans of Apple products! Why? Diehard Mac & Apple fans often have a lot in common – personalities, creative professions, a similar sense of style and aesthetics, taste, and of course a love for technology. We believe these are enough reasons for two people to meet and fall in love, and so we created the first Mac-inspired dating site to help you find other Machearts around you.

Cupidtino will launch in June 2010 exclusively on Apple platforms – Safari, iPhone and iPad apps. It’s time to share the love.

Cupidtino

via: Apple-obsessed geeks launch fanboi dating site

Doesn't really go here, but as this is, at least in part, a discussion of computers, interfacing and the future, check out Sonys solution.

State of the Art - Sony

The Dash ($200) is a sleeked-up, scaled-up, grown-up Chumby.

The Dash, in fact, is so important to Sony that reviewers were not permitted to see it without first enjoying a conference call with company managers. “Sony has missed a lot of transitions — from the Walkman to the iPod and so on,” conceded one. “We have recently struggled to be fast and innovate in such a big company.” The Dash is supposed to represent the new Sony Way.

Sony sees the Dash instead as a brilliant re-imagining of the Dream Machine alarm clock, one of Sony’s big hits. “You can actually wake up to a video!” points out one of the reps.

:palm: