Apple Tablet

I don't sync the calendars, I have calendar accounts. You just register the google calendar as an outlook/exchange account, and me as a me.com account.

Got it working this way, and it's perfect. I was afraid it might delete all my current appointments, upload things I didn't want uploaded, or merge the two calendars. (All this has happened before with other products!) But nope, it works exactly the way I hoped it would. Two different calendars that I can turn on and off at will. Fabulous, it's like Apple can read my mind!

Ryan,

Not that I know jack but I would find it very hard to believe that they're going to introduce a new version this summer before they can even really fill demand for the first version.

That said if I were buying one now it'd be the 32GB, 3G version. There are enough places around me that simply don't have wifi that it would be maddening to own a wifi-only version and tethering doesn't seem to be something that's going to be readily available to me for a while either.

I agree with Nate, I don't see a camera version coming soon either. I have not read any rumors suggesting one is close either. With the new iPhone coming with a front facing camera in June, I do expect that the iPad will have one at the next hardware update but I would be shocked if that was this summer. I got the 64GB/3G because I could but if the extra money was an issue, I would have gone 32GB/3G.

Once you decide on which version it's time to pick out your murse. :)

Is there anything different from the 3g version and wifi version, from a performance/hardware standpoint? I really should stay away from reading random eblogs and such but I believe I may have read that the 3g has a different chip.

EDIT: Wow, I think the 32gb 3g might be a bit much for what I am willing to spend on that device. As of now the boss is on board with the 16gb wifi and I probably can schmooze to an upgrade to 32gb wifi but the 3g is pushing it for sure. I really don't have many apps or use a lot if space either, my current 8gb iphone I don't think I have even used 1gb.

Question now remains: Buy at local ipad store or go through appl store and avoid sales tax! In addition to the case, are there other accesories I should invest in (like that camera usb dock connector)?

Edited by recstar24

I can transfer the apps I have already paid for on my iphone to the ipad, correct?

You can, but most reports are that upscaled/doubled apps look pretty shitty and most developers are coming out with new, pay for it again, versions for the ipad despite what Steve led people to believe at the product announcement.

If you don't think you need much space on the pad Ryan I'd really think long and hard about the 3G/16GB version. I don't have wifi at work, there are no local hotspots for me, and without web service the capabilities of the iPad are pretty much castrated. Yes the $130 pill is a sucky one to swallow but it'd be worse to end up with a borderline useless $500 device.

Yup, see what you are saying, about the same as the 32gb wifi. I will figure it out.

Though I am having a hard time figuring out how I can transfer some of the apps on my iphone over to the ipad. For some reason my itunes only has two of my apps, everything else doesn't pop up. I guess I thought I could just sync my iphone to computer (but it will only let me transfer from the computer and replace everything on the iphone), then transfer to ipad. I plan on stopping by my local apple store so we will figure it out.

It sounds like all your apps are synced to another computer that you were syncing to when you bought the apps. Much like music and movies, if you plug into another computer it will either let you keep the stuff on the iPhone or just wipe it all out and put whatever is on the computer onto the iPhone. If the computer is also on the same network you should be able to move stuff back and forth but if you added all the apps on an old computer that you do not have anymore I think it is more difficult.

Having the power of the ipad has got me thinking about a small ipad... I mean ipod touch (can't get an iphone because I don't want to switch to AT&T). Mainly, I really like the ifitness app but don't want to take the ipad into the weight room at the gym. Also, I seem to have lost my Sansa clip so I probably need to get a new player for the gym. I have an ipad classic but it is a little too big for the gym. I think the touch is a bit smaller. Mac rumours says to wait though since it is due for an upgrade soon.

It sounds like all your apps are synced to another computer that you were syncing to when you bought the apps. Much like music and movies, if you plug into another computer it will either let you keep the stuff on the iPhone or just wipe it all out and put whatever is on the computer onto the iPhone. If the computer is also on the same network you should be able to move stuff back and forth but if you added all the apps on an old computer that you do not have anymore I think it is more difficult.

Yup, you hit it on the head. Just figured it out. I have that home sharing thing going, but it won't let me transfer the apps from the one computer to the other (there doesn't appear to be that option when I click underneath SHARED. But music library is good, but I am more concerned having my apps transfer over than my music.

I went ahead and just purchased a 32gb wifi. I have the iPhone for 3g access and I wanted to play it safe and spend the money on more space as my app buying has increased, and I would love to use the ipad as a music server type thing.

However, the store was out of cases (i really like the simple looks of the apple one) and camera connectors, so if anyone has a spare by them I would gladly reimburse you for it.

Thanks guys for all your help. Once I get my iTunes stuff squared away I'll be good.