Apple Tablet

I would have just bought the 64gb version and been done with it. :P Doubling the storage for $100 more seems worth it to me. I have maybe 10Gb free space on my 64Gb 3G version. Once I discovered that lossless music sounds better via attached USB DAC I loaded it up with that instead of only 256-320k MP3.

My wife might have been interested in your Kindle though, because the nook doesn't sync yet with her B&N reader on iPhone and she's unhappy with that. But I figure they'll get that working eventually, so I'm happy to not buy another gadget.

HPA, I prefer lossless, as well. Do you use Apple lossless or something else? I have a lot of 320 mp3 from when I was trying to save space, and some FLAC from when I decided to go lossless, but before getting anything Apple. Now I'm not sure what direction to take for future discs, or if I should decide to re-rip the whole collection again. (A horrible thought!)

HPA, I prefer lossless, as well. Do you use Apple lossless or something else? I have a lot of 320 mp3 from when I was trying to save space, and some FLAC from when I decided to go lossless, but before getting anything Apple. Now I'm not sure what direction to take for future discs, or if I should decide to re-rip the whole collection again. (A horrible thought!)

You don't have to rerip the flacs, you can transcode them losslessly.

You don't have to rerip the flacs, you can transcode them losslessly.

Absolutely. When I buy 24/96 FLAC or 1411 AIFF music I use MAX on my Mac to transcode them to ALAC. All my CD's get ripped in ALAC via iTunes with error correction on, and then I have iTunes make a second copy in 320k just in case I need to save space on a smaller Nano or iPhone. I make a playlist for each bitrate, and load the appropriate one to whatever device I'll be using.

Finally got the apple iPad case. It's nice. Designed well, fits nice and tight, the material feels good, simple and understated, and the angle thing is nice. It has the right amount of stiffness while still feeling flexible. Me happy.

I went ahead and ordered the camera kit online at apple store, 4 weeks. I am positive after calling all apple stores in illinois and the best buy rep told me they were literally all out in the whole state.

Dinny ... I've had an EyeTV (older model) for3 years with wife's iMac. Works great, and lets iMac do double duty as TV. Becky loves to put TV show in a window while she does other stuff on computer. The included software is ok, and lets you record, much like a dvr. No complaints.

I tried to sell the EyeTV Hybrid I bought awhile back but I couldn't find any takers. Mike (Dinny?), if you want one I will ship it to you and you can make me a brisket or something. I used the older version with some success and then this one couldn't seem to deal with my Comcast or something but I didn't spend a lot of time messing with it either. Here's a pic, except they don't show the coax coming out of the bottom for some reason:

int_hybrid_features_sticks.jpg

I asked essentially the same question more than a week ago with not much in the way of reply. Hell, I'll send my Transit to someone if they want to try it.

Just realized I have a Behringer U-Conrol UCA202 adapter. iPad to Camera kit to UCA202 to Parasound d/ac 1500. BINGO!

Will do more listening tonight, but we have optical!

One caveat, using a Rita Hosking HDCD ripped lossless to test using the UCA202 on Macbook v. iPad, we may not have bit perfection through the camera kit. The volume locks (and I had EQ, etc. off), and I don't hear any audible issues, but take it into consideration. Might have better luck with a different adapter. Still though it sounds great.

EDIT: And that's "U-Control" above.

Edited by blessingx

So is that almost like an iPad dock?

More like "dongle" but I'd imagine that if a company is motivated it's now pretty clear that you can tap audio via USB out of the iPad dock connector which opens up a whole host of options. I wonder what the camera connection cable really consists of and if Apple is willing to tell people? It'd be sucky if it was once again some proprietary BS like what companies had to do to get digital out of the iPod but wouldn't really be surprising.

I tried to sell the EyeTV Hybrid I bought awhile back but I couldn't find any takers. Mike (Dinny?), if you want one I will ship it to you and you can make me a brisket or something. I used the older version with some success and then this one couldn't seem to deal with my Comcast or something but I didn't spend a lot of time messing with it either. Here's a pic, except they don't show the coax coming out of the bottom for some reason:

int_hybrid_features_sticks.jpg

Al, thanks for the offer but I don't think that will do what I am looking for which is streaming cable tv to my iPad.

I saw this today. Probably as good a time as any to pick up a MBP for my daughter. I will probably wait until after I return from vacation before deciding whether to make the purchase. I need to figure out which iPod to get for free as I will end up selling whatever I end up since the last thing we need is another iPod in this family.