What are you reading now?

grawk

that one's coming up on my to read list. I read "Crime And Punishment" and "Notes From Thee Underground" back in high school, but never cracked "Karamazov".

It's really beautifully written. Different style than I'm used to. Supposed to be his best work. Unfortunately I don't have much spare time so the reading is not really going fast.

i read Karamazov, Notes From The Underground, and Crime and Punishment for a Dostoevski class I took at Northwestern. Needless to say, reading the three books for class in 8 weeks wasn't quite what I'd call fun. They're very well written, and I'll visit them later on in my life, but for now, I don't even want to touch them.

41lKOxKI4eL._SS500_.jpg

Cat Wrangling Made Easy: Maintaining Peace and Sanity in Your Multicat Home by Dusty Rainbolt -- the one on the right actually does look like my Karen Carpenter Luvbug.

51yvsaLv7gL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-dp-500-arrow,TopRight,45,-64_OU01_AA240_SH20_.jpg

Psycho Kitty: Tips for Solving Your Cat's "Crazy" Behavior by Pam Johnson-Bennett

51P41W2VSJL._SS500_.jpg

Developing Windows NT Device Drivers: A Programmer's Handbook by Edward N. Dekker & Joseph M. Newcomer

51y99XHM6hL._SS500_.jpg

Dead to the World by Charlaine Harris

i read Karamazov, Notes From The Underground, and Crime and Punishment for a Dostoevski class I took at Northwestern. Needless to say, reading the three books for class in 8 weeks wasn't quite what I'd call fun. They're very well written, and I'll visit them later on in my life, but for now, I don't even want to touch them.

Somehow I think forced reading in school has quite the opposite effect of what is intended. Luckily we had to read mostly Norwegian temporary literature in high school (no big loss), so I have been able to enjoy Dostoevsky. In addition to the above I will also recommend Demons (also known as the Possessed).

It takes me 8 weeks to read one of Dostoevskis books :P Its extremely well written, but its so dense!

It takes me 8 weeks to read one of Dostoevskis books :P Its extremely well written, but its so dense!

keeping up with Notes From The Underground was fine, but then doing fucking Brothers Karamazov and Crime and Punishment in 5 weeks was fucking torture. hey teacher, i have 3 other fucking courses that i have to do work for, and my god damn research study. not that med school is any easier or anything.

keeping up with Notes From The Underground was fine, but then doing fucking Brothers Karamazov and Crime and Punishment in 5 weeks was fucking torture. hey teacher, i have 3 other fucking courses that i have to do work for, and my god damn research study. not that med school is any easier or anything.

Didn't you sign up for the Dostevsky course? :)

The other day I found a retardedly long book on contemporary art that I just started to read. It's a compilation of criticisms, artist's tracts on art along with a bunch of extremely obscure papers like Jackson Pollack's Guggenheim grant application. I'm only a few pieces in but I'm enjoying it tremendously.

• 2 weeks later...