What are you reading now?

grawk

nope. i'm guessing that i should.

Yep. I highly recommend the series. I also really like the Planetary series by Ellis as well (the series is even more fun when you have a decent knowledge of DC & Marvel characters), but I'd recommend you wait to pick that up until they actually finish the series as I've been waiting for few years now for Ellis to finish the series and release the last book (or two).

dusty, the Dresden books are great fun, I've read about the first four.

I'm currently reading The Road by Cormac McCarthy. This book is terrifying in its totality of vision, the most pure & horrific post apocalyptic tale I've yet come across. I'm not finished yet, but I can already give this book my highest recommendation.

POSTJACK - My new job is boring and I have nothing to do most of the time so I started reading Garden of the Moon! I have to go buy the next one tonight because I've been tearing through this book ;D Good call.

Fantastic! GotM is great if a bit obtuse, but the next book, Deadhouse Gates, is pure win.

But in GotM, don't you meet Kruppe? I love Kruppe. :)

dusty, the Dresden books are great fun, I've read about the first four.

I'm currently reading The Road by Cormac McCarthy. This book is terrifying in its totality of vision, the most pure & horrific post apocalyptic tale I've yet come across. I'm not finished yet, but I can already give this book my highest recommendation.

Appreciate the opinion; and: (wishlisted).

Fantastic! GotM is great if a bit obtuse, but the next book, Deadhouse Gates, is pure win.

But in GotM, don't you meet Kruppe? I love Kruppe. :)

Haha.. that fatty. He's great. The first time Crokus comes into the book... that was so awesome :prettyprincess: I have about 100 pages left so I should be starting the next one tomorrow or tonight.

I read the first two books in that very long series of his. Is this part of it? Anyways, I had no urge to continue the series after those two..they were good :) Have you read the rest?

-Kyle

Yes this is the latest of a long line of books in the series. This one may be somewhere around 12 or something?

Great haul from the bookstore. Highlights are Death in Venice and a bunch of Borges.

Andrew Hurley is a horrible translator. I have been comparing these James E. Irby and Norman Thomas di Giovanni translations of Borges to the Hurley ones I had before and the difference in serenity of language is astounding. Like, Harry Potter vs. The Great Gatsby.

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't finished a book in a while. This summer I'm going to read every Hesse novel. And get started on more Nabokov than Lolita, Pale Fire and Invitation to a Beheading. And probably re-read Pale Fire.

Have you read Death in Venice?

Sorry for the late reply, but yes. I saw the film version first, however.