Part Sourcing Assistance/Advice Thread

n_maher

• 4 weeks later...

Guys, I need to replace a Hall effect sensor (HA 305 503) but I'm finding it outdated.

Please can you help me find an alternative? The supply voltage must be max 5Vdc (for use with USB)

Edited by jose

5 hours ago, luvdunhill said:

How about AH3377?

Thanks Luvdunhill !

I'm going to order some from Mouser and run some tests.

I am building a "collective control" (for a helicopter simulator) and I need one hall effect sensor for one of the movements. I already have a raspberry-pi as a controller but in several schemes that I have seen they use the HA503.

heads up, more parts (this time SMD) being deleted

the 2sc3324  is going the way of the dodo - both the BL and GR grades. its used in joamats mini T2

mouser has plenty of stock of BL but no GR 

radio spares no stock

farnell no stock

digikey no stock of BL grade. but has stock of GR grade

MMBT5962 is also going. Its used in Mr Carlsons capacitor leakage tester...

mouser no stock

digikey no stock

farnell 3 left in stock

radio spares has stock

Edited by jamesmking

8 hours ago, jose said:

Thanks Luvdunhill !

I'm going to order some from Mouser and run some tests.

I am building a "collective control" (for a helicopter simulator) and I need one hall effect sensor for one of the movements. I already have a raspberry-pi as a controller but in several schemes that I have seen they use the HA503.

I used that one on a turntable tachometer and it worked quite nicely. Are you just looking for a binary “yes” or “no”? In which case you might also want to use a comparator. I can post the schematic and board files for what I did, which also supports an optical sensor. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. 

I am searching for 2SA1468 and 2SK246-GR 

There are only 5 pcs on the bdent (

Could I replace them in the original T2 scheme (I already have PCBs) without lowering sound quality ? 

2SA1468 -> 2SA1968 | 2SA1413 ? 

Or maybe just someone knows where could I buy them ? 

Or what device should I destroy to get them ? No, really - I don't afraid used, but original transistors 🙂 

I just a little desperate to find at least a little reliable source of these transistors 😞

Thanks! 

3 hours ago, Pars said:

Sorry, don't know where to find either, but in general, for any of the designs using old silicon, it is a good idea to source all of the silicon, or at least make sure you can, before investing in PCBs, etc.

yep and make sure the silicon you have got is not fake....

This is why I chose to build a modern T2 - which I can highly recommend, I have not compared it to an original T2 but at least I know I all the transistors are from mouser with the exception of the 2sk216 and 2SJ79 which I sourced from a reliable forum member. I know members who have built an original T2 had issues and lost hundreds of $ in burnt NOS transistors... for me the modern T2 makes more economic and practical sense.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jamesmking said:

yep and make sure the silicon you have got is not fake....

This is why I chose to build a modern T2 - which I can highly recommend, I have not compared it to an original T2 but at least I know I all the transistors are from mouser with the exception of the 2sk216 and 2SJ79 which I sourced from a reliable forum member. I know members who have built an original T2 had issues and lost hundreds of $ in burnt NOS transistors... for me the modern T2 makes more economic and practical sense.

I know about fakes and try to buy all silicon from trusted sources - forum members, bdent etc.

Anyway, thanks for the advice!  

I also would test all the transistors before use them, and not only test for breakdown voltage, but build curves, measure capacitance, etc. I would not allow my NOS transistors to burn 🙂 

Why don't I build modern version of T2? Because I already have many rare components and I believe that I could find necessary components or replace them with something similar.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Rinat said:

I know about fakes and try to buy all silicon from trusted sources - forum members, bdent etc.

Anyway, thanks for the advice!  

I also would test all the transistors before use them, and not only test for breakdown voltage, but build curves, measure capacitance, etc. I would not allow my NOS transistors to burn 🙂 

Why don't I build modern version of T2? Because I already have many rare components and I believe that I could find necessary components or replace them with something similar.

fair enough, sounds like you are well prepared. good luck with your build and finding the remaining transistors.

Edited by jamesmking

Sourcing of currently manufactured semiconductors, even from OnSemi and other mainstream manufacturers, is log-jammed. This is a result of the perfect storm of Covid causing lines to be mothballed and then restarted and qualified, supply of the raft of chemicals needed, and similar problems Covid issues in the global distribution chain. Even vanilla parts are now out at end 21 early 22 delivery.

And if you are going to build a PC - forget it. Processor chips have dried up as bulk users have stocked up (PC and automotive manufacturers mainly, but also smart phones and TVs). If you can buy one expect five times or more the nominal price.

And pre-covid, particularly ceramic surface mount parts were on insane lead times, now even more insane.

It will get better. From the end of this year onward supply ought to improve.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, starcat said:

Anyone has 1x MJW21194G (or MJW21196) on pile? I have ordered some from Mouser, but they are shipping them end of Jan 2022, which is radiculous. 

Looking for 2x KSP42BU as well (or MPSA42). 

Thanks a lot.

You think Mouser's lead time is long? R/S is June 22 and Farnell is August 22 :frantic:

1 hour ago, Craig Sawyers said:

You think Mouser's lead time is long? R/S is June 22 and Farnell is August 22 :frantic:

There are always multiple aspects of the view 🙂 For me it is being unable to finish a simple GRLV for 8 more months just because of two missing parts. 

5 hours ago, Rinat said:

I have never heard of them, looks like they are in India. 

Are there any fake MJW21194G at all? 

• 3 weeks later...