iPad apps

Called me back pretty quickly, I'm impressed. But they said I have to download their special proprietary VPN software, and it only works on Windows or Mac, not iOS. She welcomed me to try using the iPad Citrix app, but she didn't think it would work. And she wasn't aware of any other ID or password besides the usual one I'd use when using their VPN software.

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 months later...

I have to say that I seriously don’t understand why apple’s products don’t support Java and Flash. These two platforms are one of the best in the computer world. And apple chooses not to use them. I have gotten myself an android because of this. It had reduced its fun dramatically and the convenient of using your iPad to do anything you desire is limited. Limited is always equal to less fun, and being less productive.

• 2 months later...

I've had the original ipad since day one and also recently got an ipad 2 (the old one was passed down to a family member). This thing never ceases to amaze me what new novel applications developers are coming out with. My two favorite at the moment are the time Warner cable app (the idea if watching live cable on my ipad is mind boggling) and Zite (most innovative news reader / aggregator out there)

I am old. I shed a tear of joy downloading Atari. :)

My 6 yr old son was just asking me a few days ago if we had video games like xbox 360 when I was a kid. I tried to explain that we kinda did, but not really, it was a little simpler ... I tried to explain Pong, but he just kinda looked at me funny. Now I get to show him ... and have him look at me funny.

My 6 yr old son was just asking me a few days ago if we had video games like xbox 360 when I was a kid. I tried to explain that we kinda did, but not really, it was a little simpler ... I tried to explain Pong, but he just kinda looked at me funny. Now I get to show him ... and have him look at me funny.

Just tell him it was a time of great progress. From ...

pong.png

... to ...

outlaw.png

Anybody prefer Squeezepad over iPeng?

iPeng seems a bit buggier to me ... I'd have it hang up every other day or so.

But it's freedom from the Slim menu paradigm, and multi-player and server attachment control seemed to make it way better.

Squeezepad seemed like a remote on steroids; but the iPeng felt like a lifestyle app.

Izzat about right?

Edited by Tyll Hertsens

I do. Squeezepad is like Apples Remote app. The important functionality in a clean package. Can't say I've iPeng buggy, but it tries to do everything, pretty well, just a more cramped interface. Squeezepad seems iOS native. iPeng seems it comes from Squeezeboxes open source tradition. Both work and it's not a problem jumping from Squeezepad on the iPad to iPeng on the iPhone.

I think the whole back and forth between the two guys in the various fora is spectacularly invigorating.

Like post-post-modern ecomerce:

Who do you love,bitch?

Both of you.

So I'll buy both apps and have __________this_______opinion.

But I'm buying both appps so I get to see you fuckers slug it out.

So far, both guys seem lovely to me.

I'd stil take iPeng if I had to give one up.

• 4 weeks later...