Volcanic eruption here in Iceland

spritzer

The pictures above, the first two are of the first volcano which was tiny compared to what we are dealing with now (which is relatively small as well). The last picture is of the current eruption or rather one of the rivers which is constantly flooding now.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Notwithstanding the terrible effects the eruption has had on Icelanders and on those who need to get somewhere, the effect here in Windsor - a very few miles from Heathrow and bang under the flight path - has been one of unhead-of daytime silence, and just as warm sunny spring days have come upon us. It's just marvelously peaceful here.

I'm doing my best to enjoy it while it lasts, though for the sake of those adversely affected, I hope it's not too long.

Wow, that is a cool pic. Love that site.

My wife is covering for a fellow high school teacher who is stuck in Paris with 24 kids who cannot get out of there. They had been there two weeks before the delay and now they are going nuts. Hard to picture corraling that many disgruntled 17/18 year olds.

I see trees in those pictures. My image of Iceland is shattered.

We do have some trees, just not a whole lot and most of it has been planted in the last 100 years. We are still close enough to barren wasteland to have NASA experiment for the moon missions here back in the day.

Pfft, they set their White House on fire indefinitely just to keep warm. Don't let anyone/thing tell you otherwise.

We have the geyser's to keep us warm, we burn stuff just for fun. ;D