Audeze LCD-2

swt61

hmmm... I don't want to cause any trouble here but just by looking at this thread I can see only a few h-f related posts, until someone comes asking some question like what's better lcd-2 or d7000 etc.

Gotta read more and use the search function a bit...

Newbies sometimes talk about head-fi a lot. In fact, its often a place people here recommend for them instead.

I think the longer you stay a member here, the less most wish to continue to rant about head-fi. Well, maybe not, there is a lot of ignorant stuff said there that you do have to ignore, but its an SSDD situation that you no longer wish to hear as much about if that makes sense. And assuming you can participate and stay a member; we all enjoy our hobby, but this forum is more about a like minded community between a close group with the hobby coming somewhere inside of that. Because of that, I personally feel that the hobby banter is much more meaningful and focused on adding to the conversation when you are replying to a friend rather then a stranger. Knowing the person more can make even seemingly trivial things much more interesting and/or useful.

Newbies sometimes talk about head-fi a lot. In fact, its often a place people here recommend for them instead.

I think the longer you stay a member here, the less most wish to continue to rant about head-fi. Well, maybe not, there is a lot of ignorant stuff said there that you do have to ignore, but its an SSDD situation that you no longer wish to hear as much about if that makes sense. And assuming you can participate and stay a member; we all enjoy our hobby, but this forum is more about a like minded community between a close group with the hobby coming somewhere inside of that. Because of that, I personally feel that the hobby banter is much more meaningful and focused on adding to the conversation when you are replying to a friend rather then a stranger. Knowing the person more can make even seemingly trivial things much more interesting and/or useful.

Nicely said.

And to help support your point, it's even more cemented after meeting you personally and finding out what a funloving, mellow guy you are.

At the same time I also have to support AS's "piss off" comment. That guy hasn't been here nearly long enough to criticise how we do things.

Come on Scott, we proved empirically that scotch is the breakfast of champions.:P

Scotch was evidenced to give people super powers. You will be able to hear deeper into the mix then ever before. DAC makers will line up to give you discounts on their Dacsies and email addresses. The experiment was a total success, but a warning, we have also learned that its only weakness is the Edition 8. Your hearing pallete and sense of style will quickly be ruined from their blast.

With my LCD-2s comin' in later this week I thought that I'd read all 26 pages of the thread to see what I am to expect - - and I have come away with the realization that once I have them I will need be watching a few good Texas Ranger episodes while calmly seated with KwKwarths nieces contemplating the merits of leather and BDSM headphones while sipping scotch with cream soda chasers and dining on lightly buttered toast. Hmmm.

Scotch was evidenced to give people super powers. You will be able to hear deeper into the mix then ever before. DAC makers will line up to give you discounts on their Dacsies and email addresses. The experiment was a total success, but a warning, we have also learned that its only weakness is the Edition 8. Your hearing pallete and sense of style will quickly be ruined from their blast.

;D Thanks for publishing the results of our findings. And I think Ultrasones may be the main weakness of any serious audio enthusiast, the effects are just amplified through the super powers gained from the scotch. That is a shit sounding 'phone right there, can't imagine how the lower end ones sound. And why they made a $1500 supraaural portable is beyond me.