Audeze LCD-2

swt61

Is this forum solely based on bitter head fiers?
It's not that, it's that most of us have settled on our systems, so there's very little upgrade-itits, and therefore very little to talk about. And most of us are way too lazy/happy/dumb/inebriated to recommend anything to anyone.

EDIT: Er...-itis. (Freudian slip?)

Yup, don't like it here or how it goes, take a big fuck off pill.
...and antiestablishmentarianistic.

It's not that, it's that most of us have settled on our systems, so there's very little upgrade-itits, and therefore very little to talk about. And most of us are way too lazy/happy/dumb/inebriated to recommend anything to anyone.

EDIT: Er...-itis. (Freudian slip?)...and antiestablishmentarianistic.

That is my impression as well :)

I have no real problemwith that if some was rubbed the wrong way but it would be interesting with more discussion around gear/music :)

I have no real problem with that if some was rubbed the wrong way but it would be interesting with more discussion around gear/music :)

Is this forum solely based on bitter head-casers? It would be more interesting if someone who I at least gave a fuck about would think to search and ask questions about what they might want to discuss without me having to cater to them. Sorry about your thin skin.

Is this forum solely based on bitter head-casers? It would be more interesting if someone who I at least gave a fuck about would think to search and ask questions about what they might want to discuss without me having to cater to them. Sorry about your thin skin.

I have a thick skin. That is maybe the problem here :).. I didn

I have been here for a while I am not much of an active poster. But I was mainly in here looking for information and there is a lot of experienced posters here holding on to it it seems. Just that no conspiracy :)

This I disagree with. There is almost too much information, that in order to understand it, you need to search and read and read and read. If you are newer to the hobby, like myself, this is the only way to do it, read, read, read. Everything that you would want to know is here and is talked about. Everything. My simple rule for this site. Keep my head down, mouth shut, and learn. This forum does not fuck around. I 'practice' posting on the other site sometimes because it's just that, practice. On this site, unless you know your shit, know the site members, or can contribute, keep your mouth shut and use this site to snuff out the bullshit spouted from the other or to vet information....

Sort of. It's also true that this site has more than it's fair share of condescending sadistic bullies, but that's part of the appeal.

Read read READ. Is key, if you ask the same question that was asked yesterday, last week, last month, you will be abused, deservedly so.

looks like adktitan read his welcome message and got some profit from being around.

Not that I think we're wise people or have any arcane knowledge which can't be found anywhere else, but he has a point: Most of the information is around, probably not in "reviews" sort of presentation, nor in replies to clueless newbies looking for someone else to get the responsibility of their purchases. In any case most of HC established members are quite knowledgeable of their stuff, so their opinions are worth reading. They won't try to convince you that they own some truth which anyone else is missing. But for the JH stuff, but that's another whole story ;D

This I disagree with. There is almost too much information, that in order to understand it, you need to search and read and read and read. If you are newer to the hobby, like myself, this is the only way to do it, read, read, read. Everything that you would want to know is here and is talked about. Everything. My simple rule for this site. Keep my head down, mouth shut, and learn. This forum does not fuck around. I 'practice' posting on the other site sometimes because it's just that, practice. On this site, unless you know your shit, know the site members, or can contribute, keep your mouth shut and use this site to snuff out the bullshit spouted from the other or to vet information....

Your post gets the opposite of "piss off". Good job.

I guess some of this is true. There is a certain break in period required for new members.

What I like about this site is that nobody seems to be pimping any particular products. Sure, some people like certain things a lot, and they make their case, but it's not a chest pounding sort of thing. It's just their opinion backed by their personal experiences, and with nothing to 'sell' as such (be it the product, or their 'expertise' or whatever).

In other words, there are no ulterior motives (shilling) and not much of a need by anyone here for ego stroking because we all know who each other are to begin with. That's what makes real conversations possible. So when someone new comes along and says, "I don't like this site so much because of X, Y or Z," they shouldn't be too surprised when "Oh, sorry to hear that. Then why don't you go fuck yourself?" is the response, because that kind of thing is just adding noise to an otherwise peaceful and happy environment.

That, and if someone is looking for "information" (as such), then they just need to look for it. Read, read, read, as Yikes said.

FOTM or no, the LCD2 is still my fave open can by a long shot and nothing Ive heard to date comes close.. Closed is another matter for me, but commercially available that I've heard. The shit!

I reserve the right to change my mind if I ever get to hear any top stats. Until then, these are the best for me.