Joining the ranks again. New member here.

Sennsei

Hi everyone. I'm a new member to Headcase due to the drastic changes to Head-Fi after Jude overhauled the entire forum. Looks like many of the members of Head-Fi are here already. :cool: Hope to get to know everyone else on this end that I haven't had the pleasure of meeting yet.

Actually, I joined the first headphone forum I laid my eyes on. I was thinking about joining Headcase as well, but one forum was hard enough on my wallet already. :D haha

btw, boomana, you're a moderator for both forums? Impressive. :) Nice to see you here again.

A lot of bigotry used to be considered funny by those spouting it. They say one in ten Americans are gay. I believe that's probably fairly accurate, so you could have just offended 10% of our members before reaching half a dozen posts.

I don't see that in your profile, so I'm going to assume you were smart enough to remove it already. That's a move in the right direction at least. It's not that we don't have a sense of humor, we do, boy do we! We've even been known to make racial jokes about specific members. The difference is we know those members very well, and they know the joke was made in jest. Kind of an anti racial remark in reality, because it's really wrapped in respect and admiration. I'm not sure if you'll have the maturity to decipher that kind of humor, and know how to respond accordingly, but I'd love to be shown otherwise. We're nothing at all like Head-Fi here. We're a tight knit group of friends that like to hang out online together. We sometimes even bring up the subject of headphones, but it's not mandatory. It's tough to get into certain clicks in school, I'm sure you're aware of that. It's really no different here. We'll be watching you closely, and if you don't fit our idea of a Head Caser, we'll show no mercy. I'd highly recommend you just hang out for a while, study our posting and learn about us before you jump in and post yourself. Good luck.

just to reaffirm what vicki already said, we aren't here because of how the site looks (though i think it's fair to say VBulletin >>>>>>>> Huddler). we are here for content and community, both of which HF has lacked considerably for some time.

make sure you have the right intentions to being with, otherwise there is little point in wasting our time or yours by trying to adapt over here.

Slightly off the newbie topic...

H-F revamped? Did I miss something? I've been sort of absorbed in my own little (mostly work) world lately. Haven't been getting out much.

Yes. Jude changed it from vBulletin to Huddler. It takes a little getting used to.

^^^

Cliffs version:

- Jude gave Head-Fi day to day ops to a commercial forum vendor called Huddler. Jude does less or no work and gets moar money.

- Completely different user experience, and worse (much worse) mod experience.

- Head-Fi sponsors charged beacoup moar $$$.

- most here don't like, but, then, we don't care, either.

Lots of thread chatter about it ...