i'm on a roll... the kgsshv

kevin gilmore

Probably doesn't make too much sense going to onboard heatsinks the size of the 727...

Any idea when the boards will reach a stage suitable for a board run?

Btw: What version are you using for your carbon builds birgir? Which amp board? Which servo? which Psu?

+/-400V.  I'd rather run with higher current than go to 450V. 

No boards will be sold until the design is finalized.  That could be a while though. 

Hi Kevin and Birgir:

Is there an off-board KGSSHV Carbon version that is tested, finalized and available to the public? If so and if there is enough interest, I can help run a GB. 

Thanks! 

Edited by mwl168

the tested board is kgsshvcarbonv1.zip

this is the original board with the original limited servo and the adjustment pot.

joamat has tested the left and right versions of the boards.

the Kerry servo an the joamat servo boards have not been tested.

birgir thinks the extra servo is not necessary because the amp is extremely stable

without all the extra parts.

I do intend to include PSU in the GB. Not sure if to go with the KGSSHV PS Sic version or the GoldenReference HV version.

In any case, maybe I should start a thread for the GB and move these discussions over so we don't clog this thread.

Just got back from a business trip. Give me a couple of days and I'll get a GB thread started.

Edited by mwl168

Please include me in the GB for 1 set including PS.

I'd like to hear Kevin's or Birger's opinion on which PS has the higher potential for powering a TOTL Carbon.

I have one of two Carbon 0.9 version boards about done, and my latest parts from Mouser arrived today. I leave tomorrow on a business trip, so powering up my pre-production Carbon with my KGST PS is still weeks away.

post-4504-0-20931000-1435208055_thumb.jp

Edited by Laowei

birgir's brain is on free-run after building 6 x carbons...

pick the closest thing you can get to 440k and then recalculate the other resistor

or pick numbers for 2 resistors that add to 880k

it does not have to be super exact, the voltage will be slightly off, no big deal

Edited by kevin gilmore

Thanks Kevin,

Yes that's what I did when ordering my bits. And being a PIA I wanted very close to 450v but with tolerances

I ended up with 469v. Guess I will just make do with what I have and correct it some time later .

My build of amps and PSU went well all going and no hitches or smoke.

Thanks again for your efforts and that makes 5 out of 5.

Now back to the T2.

Edited by iwik