i'm on a roll... the kgsshv

kevin gilmore

Thank you Kerry and Ujamerstand for finding that out.

And just to clarify. I wanted to use a 500V PSU, my understanding is that it's Ok to use it for the onboard version,as long as I don't use the sa1968's, but that it will run a little hot. Is This assumption correct?

Just realized there isn't a 490K for the Xicon. You can use the 487K or you can leave the 442K and switch the 20K to an 18K. Either will get you close to 500V.

I swapped out R6 and R16 with 18K resistors (left R5, R15, R29, R30 at 442K), and I'm now getting +/-504V. The bias is also nice and stable at 580V without the voltage multiplier. Seems like my 500V power supplies are working well.

Edited by Horio

Got my panels back from Front Panel Express, and they look great. I had them do the drilling/tapping for the heatsink mounted semi's. I'll try and post some pictures of that setup this weekend, when I start assembling the amp. Here's the front panel (thanks to ujamerstand for the layout).

6279316690_e477a626ff_b.jpg

Theres a typo I just noticed..."Electostatic"...missing 'r'. sad.png Looks nice though!

Oh snap! Not sure how I missed that one... I must have been to worried about the cavities and all the holes lining up correctly. Oh well. smile.png

The stack jack fits great on the rear side of the panel. The blind tapped holes all lined up perfectly.

Edited by Horio

Looks great Greg. I looked at Yun's numerous panel layouts a few times and I never noticed the typo either sad.png (reminds me of that psychology trick where the mind will read the words properly as long as the first and last letters of most words are correct)

Guess we'll be taking a microscope and have our glasses on for the T2 one