i'm on a roll... the kgsshv

kevin gilmore

1173002929i.jpg ECQF6392JZ3: 0.0039uF 630V Polypropylene Film Capacitor (Radial Leads) Made By: PANASONIC Part Number: ECQF6392JZ3 $0.5000

Seeing as Mouser has only 1 3900pF 630V multi layer ceramic cap left, would this be a viable substitute for the TDK FK20C0G2J392J in the power Supply?

Is there interest in a group buy for KGSSHV transformers? I believe the last time one was organized from Sumr () the only thing that needed to be done was get the specs to Richard, then everyone was able to pay separately and got them shipped straight from Richard to themself

I heard back from Richard:

"A/ you have shown 100VA as total power below?

The transformer, given your current capacity is 390VA.

Can you please clarify.

B/ We can make slightly different low voltage windings, but I would like to

know what they are before commencement of any production.

C/ Do all your members require only a 117V primary?"

I forgot to mention the part number in the email, but just sent him that.

I'll look through the thread for the 450v specs.

I also requested he ship these to individual people like last time, I think it will work out cheaper and easier this way.

For those of you who are planning to build the 500V output version of the KGSSHV, here is the transformer I worked out with SumR.

Part #: RC0100 049 1

Specifications:

• 100VA / 117V primary
  • 2 x 450V (@100mA output ea) secondaries making these 150 mA per Kerry's recommendation
  • 1 x 30VCT (15V-0-15V) 10VA secondary
  • Core band
  • Static shields

I believe you should be able to email SumR with this part number, and he'll know exactly what you are after. Either way, I'd still confirm the specifications with SumR just to be safe. Cost came out to $91/ea for my order. I purchased (4) transformers, so I am not sure if I got a bit of a discount. They said it would take about 2 weeks to fabricate, and probably a week or so to ship.

If you are planning to do the standard 450V build, you'll probably want to modify/lower the HV secondaries a bit so the PS will run a bit cooler. Maybe KG or someone else chime in, and give you the target secondary voltage under 100mA load.