New amp from RSA...

Bob_McBob

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

billy i have found the perfect iem's for you to go with your new tomahawk...

http://www.audiocubes.com/product/Elecom_EHP-AIN30_Rhinestone-Studded_Heart_Eardrops.html

actually it may be possible to drop actual Diamonds in the Sensa's when they are going thru there molding process...

I was looking for some Rhinestone's in bulk form recently, still need to find the time to head out by Hobby Lobby...they should have some.

at one time I covered my sr-71 in white Rhinestones for a Jacuzzi shoot, ended up throwing them out..but the pimped Idea is ever still there..hehe

"You agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, adult material, or otherwise in violation of any International or United States Federal law.

everyone agreed to it when they joined.

Thanks. ;D

I usually never read such agreements. But looked for it after you mentioned it and couldn't readily find it. Yet it seems like nearly every one here has been guilty at one time or another of violating something in that listing of what's prohibited. And it doesn?t seem like any one is actively enforcing and/or reprimanding violators; well that is except for this particular situation. Though, I know of no others.

I missed and just read your last edit. ;)

God damn fucking moderators!! :mikey1: The arbitrary and capricious enforcement of the ?Rules? really pisses me off >:(. Does anyone want to go start a forum where there will be NO RULES ;D. This is truly the only way enforcement will ever be impartial. ;)

There is a big difference between a little vulgarity and actually threatening someone. I agree that threatening someone is going too far. Why not just call them a Fucking Idiot back? There is no reason to go beyond verbal (Vulgar) abuse. We have often heard here that if you have a thin skin this isn?t the place for you.

I for one do not want to fear having a delicious brownie jammed into my ears and then being slapped around all the while being called Susan at the next meet (tomorrow). ;D

No veil here...I am not a HD-600. When someone calls me a fucking idiot, I would like to meet that person eye to eye, not hiding behind a computer screen.

This is Head-Case right? Anything can be said here.

Not that it's any of my business, and it isn't, but saying fucking idiot on head-case is the equivalent of saying stupid on head-fi. Just don't take things so seriously, it really isn't that big of a deal ;D

the user agreement is basically just boiler plate to protect the admins of the forum (me and Tkam) from anything that users might do or say. most things listed as prohibitied have, of course, been ignored completely to this point, but threats of violence (to me it became a real threat when immtbiker refuted the "veiled" part in "veiled threat") are something that won't be tolerated. as Yikes said, calling Tiberian a fucking idiot would have been the correct head-case thing to do. i also don't see the user agreement posted anywhere other than in the administration section of the forum, i'll see about fixing that.

Hey Reks ----> grim%2520reaper%2520011.jpg

No veil here...I am not a HD-600. When someone calls me a fucking idiot, I would like to meet that person eye to eye, not hiding behind a computer screen.

This is Head-Case right? Anything can be said here.

How about "shut the fuck up, noob". I've always wanted to say that. With that out of the way, how about addressing Filburt's points to prove that you're not a fucking idiot?

Maybe I need to clarify my statement. I am a hippie and not a violent person. My point was that if someone who does not know me, calls me a "fucking idiot" I would like to see that person face to face, have him look me in the eye and then call me that! I don't think that statement was warranted because of what I said to Filburt. It is true that in the last couple of months, everytime there is a R.S. thread, Filburt seems to manage a way to put Ray down. I merely questioned why he felt the need to do that...it was not just that particular post I was referring to, it was a series of posts.

To be called a fucking idiot by someone who doesn't know me or who has never dealt me was extreme, and it is easy to sit miles away in front of your computer and zing people. Violence was not my intention, and never is unless I am physically attacked.

You complain about rules and regulations at Head-Fi (of which I mostly never get involved in) and yet eventually, starting with this page, Head-Case might eventually become just like it. Rules are created because of events that happen. Street lights are put up on corners that never had one because of one accident.

Nothing would have been solved if I just called Tiberian a fucking idiot, back at him.

Just the fact that I have to respond to Edipis' post shows that Head-Case will eventually need some sort of barometer to keep things going for the future.

Maybe I need to clarify my statement. I am a hippie and not a violent person. My point was that if someone who does not know me, calls me a "fucking idiot" I would like to see that person face to face, have him look me in the eye and then call me that! I don't think that statement was warranted because of what I said to Filburt.

Have you looked at the Head-case motto lately?

It is true that in the last couple of months, everytime there is a R.S. thread, Filburt seems to manage a way to put Ray down. I merely questioned why he felt the need to do that...it was not just that particular post I was referring to, it was a series of posts.

Don't shoot the messenger. When Ray builds amp after amp with obvious design flaws which anyone with a basic understanding of electronics would never make and hawks them for sky-high prices, he can expect to get called on it. Ray's designs are pure shit from an electronics standpoint and some are goddamn safety hazards to boot, any criticism they receive is well deserved.

everytime there is a R.S. thread, Filburt seems to manage a way to put Ray down

Is that necessarily a bad thing? There will be people who praise Ray (or fill in any other manuf. here instead) whatever he does, and it is only natural to balance that with those who will find fault with everything he does. It seems perfectly fair to be a naysayer if you back up your criticism on each occasion. It is called a point of view, and if someone's point of view, backed up by valid points is that Ray couldn't design his way out of a paper bag, why are we criticising the man rather than the message? If you disagree with the point of view, write counterpoint. Wouldn't everyone benefit from a genuine argument of both sides of an issue such as this?

I remember many threads that had a seemingly pointless anti-HeadRoom bias, which I jumped in to balance out a bit. However on occasion some posters have pointed out genuine flaws in some of the designs at HR. Whether or not they have an anti-headroom history behind them or not does not invalidate their point. I remember arguing about the relevance of the use of the integrated HA5002 buffer chip, and in the end, compared to a truly well engineered solution, particularly with low impedance headphones, it is a plain bad performer. That is just the truth. Whether you care, or even like the sound or not is just opinion, but no need to shoot down the fact to feel better about yourself or your fav. equipment.

Everyone's jumping in on the tomahawk, but the Hornet just seems like a better buy in almost every way except basically battery life. Yet the amping ability and versatality of teh hornet should trump everything the hornet has. Plus they're the same price, except the thawk has a cheaper intro price. And I don't even like the hornet, to make an understatement.

Everyone's jumping in on the tomahawk, but the Hornet just seems like a better buy in almost every way except basically battery life. Yet the amping ability and versatality of teh hornet should trump everything the hornet has. Plus they're the same price, except the thawk has a cheaper intro price. And I don't even like the hornet, to make an understatement.

besides having long batt life, designed for only iem's,tiny bit smaller the hornet is the better buy cause, it can work with all cans,rechargable saves in the long run,little bigger but who gives a fuck?,and you have a choice between two versions now....

hornet is cool cause I safely can do senn's,grados and sensa's but anything less then the sensas I would be scared rite now to try anything else seriously with the toma. long bat life is cool and would of saved alittle room and thought from my last trip to vegas though..smaller size may have come in handy but comparing to some of the tomas I heard using my sensa's the sound would of easily taken my hornet (at the time un modded)

besides having long batt life, designed for only iem's,tiny bit smaller the hornet is the better buy cause, it can work with all cans,rechargable saves in the long run,little bigger but who gives a fuck?,and you have a choice between two versions now....

hornet is cool cause I safely can do senn's,grados and sensa's but anything less then the sensas I would be scared rite now to try anything else seriously with the toma. long bat life is cool and would of saved alittle room and thought from my last trip to vegas though..smaller size may have come in handy but comparing to some of the tomas I heard using my sensa's the sound would of easily taken my hornet (at the time un modded)

designed for IEMs - that's not even a reason to buy the thing. It's smaller, but the hornet was pretty small anyways, so woopdeefuckingdoo, it clearly doesnt work well with all cans, both amps use rechargables, so basically the amp just mainly has better battery life at the expense of nearly everything else

I am a hippie and not a violent person. My point was that if someone who does not know me, calls me a "fucking idiot" I would like to see that person face to face, have him look me in the eye and then call me that!

And for what purpose to have a Dr. Phil moment with him or look deep into his eyes and say let's make love not war? If you had this confrontation and he didn't intimidate you in the heat of the moment you might take a different and more aggressive posture.

You complain about rules and regulations at Head-Fi (of which I mostly never get involved in) and yet eventually, starting with this page, Head-Case might eventually become just like it. Rules are created because of events that happen.

I beg to differ, it shows you can speak your mind pretty much without consequence. And life still goes on.

Point taken, but he only stated that he wanted to meet in person. He didn?t say I am going to kick your ass or fuck you up, etc... To a certain degree we are reading more into his comments than the plain language. I would interpret his statement as a form of intimidation with a some sort of threatening potential, yet nothing more. And it would be unlikely for this meeting to even take place.

But wasn't that "threat" to meet face to face? I realize the connotations that go along with that and probably anyone does with half a brain. I suppose now every one needs to be careful not to make any veiled threats on Head-Case.

Thanks immtbiker for ruining it for the rest of us You bastard; you killed veiled threats. :P

Now I have this strange desire to threaten someone with physical violence because I can't do it. So is life. This sucks. :mikey2::mikey1:

That's why I said 'veiled' and not just 'threat'. Perhaps if I had said 'implied' things would be clearer to you? If the implication was just to meet, there were more diplomatic phrasings that could have been chosen. But instead, it was just lobbed there. Like a bomb. The fact that it wasn't refuted right away (until threats of ban were levied), just reinforces my opinion that it was indeed, intended as a threat. The later post just strikes me as backpedaling.