Happy birthday, Wmcmanus!

boomana

Thanks, everyone! It's nice in this day and age to receive real birthday wishes from real people who actually know me!

I must have deleted at least a dozen system generated birthday emails form the various forums I'm registered at. In fact, in some cases, that's the only reminder I ever get that I'm a still a member. FerrariChatClub. Huh? I must have really been dreaming the day I signed up for that one!

We're in the midst of a tropical storm today in Cayman. It has been raining non-stop for about 16 hours. The roads are all flooded and my classes at the college are cancelled for tonight. Good thing my g/f is on-Island at the moment. It will be her job to keep me safe and warm tonight. She just got back on Sunday, and so far neither of us has driven the other completely nuts. All a matter of time, of course, but I'm enjoying it while it lasts.

Just started working my way through my Three Stooges box set this weekend. Always a sucker for the Amazon "Gold Box" deal of the day, I must have spent the requisite $27.99 at some point in the recent past to acquire this lovely, VERY comprehensive DVD set, which contains ALL of the Stooges shorts from 1934-1959. I'm still on Disk 3 of 17 and am afraid my mind will go numb even before I'm able to eject Disk 3 from my laptop.

Mindless birthday #48 here I come!!!

Seems like the birthday that will never end! Thanks for the belated wishes, guys.

Interestingly, this was the first year since I joined Head-Fi that there wasn't a Happy Birthday thread for me there. At first, I thought, "Wow! I really have lost touch with the place..." But I think in the transition to Huddler, the daily birthday list feature was dropped. So now there aren't a dozen new birthday threads every day, which is probably a good thing. We have Headcase and Facebook for that.