Which Cooking Are You?

luvdunhill

Let the BBQing begin. Starting with some Baby Back Ribs. Using charcoal and some chunks of apple wood. They are at about 250F right now - hopefully I can keep them between 225-250.

Q5CeH.jpg

Guess those chimney starters get pretty hot. Guess we'll need to get some heavier bricks.

ezkdG.jpg

zIW7n.jpg

Edited by shellylh
  • Like 1

Nice Shelly! Terra cotta can't take the heat!

What a son!

Just got some ribs on myself. Baby backs (no St Louis available) with two spicy and one Kansas City rub. I will tent them with apple juice and then put sauce on some of them for the last hour, a la Tyrion.

1805639f-d47c-2452.jpg

Edited by Voltron

I just finished the 3 hour mark and decided to try the 3-2-1 method (although I am using a water pan with the Weber so I wonder if I should only do a 3-1-1). Also, I just saw that baby backs should use a "2-2-1." facepalm.png Oh well, I am sure they will taste good.

Edited by shellylh

Mike, thanks for the 3-2-1 tip. I did a 3-2-0.5 and it was absolutely fantastic fall off the bones rib eating. By the time it was out of the foil, it was falling apart. I might do something like a 2-2-1 with the baby back ribs. The temperature in the WSM started falling a bit after 4.75 hours and I had to put in some more charcoal (unlit Kingsford - no lighter fluid of course... hope the chemicals don't kill me too soon ;) ). I used Kingford briquets this time because it was my first time but I might try natural lump charcoal next time (or maybe a mix).

dL859.jpg

nsJN1.jpg