Which Cooking Are You?

luvdunhill

i bet that's tasty, Dan! what's the full recipe? i have some left over roast chicken, from a pretty nice bird i made over the weekend, and plenty of udon, so i'd be interested in making this.

Shallots, garlic, sesame, lemon juice, and ponzu

what's your guac recipe, Shelly?

It depends what I have around.  This time I did avocado, kosher salt, fresh ground pepper, crushed garlic, lime juice, sriacha, and roasted green chilis (unfortunately canned not homemade).  Sometimes I use Fredericksburg Roasted Tomatillo Pepper Sauce (it's awesome) instead of green chilis.  I often put in fresh cilantro and/or tomatoes.  

3413.jpg

Edited by shellylh

Half pound Kobe burger, 2.5 hours sous vide at 136F with Squid brand fish sauce in the bag, on a toasted onion roll.  I was hoping for a bit more of an umami bomb, but it was still pretty great.  I really need to start grinding my own meat though.

dsc2610y.jpg

Edited by cetoole

stick-up.jpg

No, seriously, I didn't even know what umami is before now, not sure I know now.  But will do further research.

(puts fish sauce on shopping list for tomorrow)

I do love me some fish sauce.  Even someone I know who is allergic to fish likes fish sauce (specifically, that Thai beef salad that doesn't taste right without fish sauce).

stick-up.jpg

No, seriously, I didn't even know what umami is before now, not sure I know now.  But will do further research.

(puts fish sauce on shopping list for tomorrow)

I do love me some fish sauce.  Even someone I know who is allergic to fish likes fish sauce (specifically, that Thai beef salad that doesn't taste right without fish sauce).

Dusty, I recommend "Mind of a Chef" on PBS. Excellent show, and they regularly explain Umami.