Which Cooking Are You?

luvdunhill

must be a California thing: to my kitchen, sausage is hand ground pork, garlic, pepper and fennel seed, in a natural intestine casing, that i ground and stuffed myself. :)

I don't think sausage has to be by definition pork.  Now you're making shit up.  I let the martini thing go, because...well, you were right.  But a quick survey of the definition of the word sausage only requires that it be "meat" of some sort.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anybody roasted an air-chilled chicken?  i picked one up for tomorrow (it is my first wedding anniversary, and Emily loves my roast chicken, so that's what I'm making).  I'm really excited about a chicken that hasn't had a ton of water pumped into it, but I'm also leery, as regular chickens are what I usually use.  I don't think I'm going to brine it, I'll just be careful.  

Anyway, I made a pizza, today.  Definitely the best dough and red sauce I've made, though I wish I could get my oven hotter.  Next year I hope to get a KettlePizza, with tombstone shaped stone, and a baking steel, for my Weber.  I know I can make a good pizza, everything is there but the heat.

Ever try this?

http://slice.seriouseats.com/archives/2012/09/the-pizza-lab-the-baking-steel-delivers.html

• 3 weeks later...

Dr. Pepper pulled-pork. 5.5 lbs. of pork shoulder sat in the slow cooker overnight.

This sounded so good, I got the stuff and am making it right now.

i almost always buy whole chickens, but Meijer, which is not an upscale grocery chain, has them, here.  They are bundled with the organic chickens.

Found it pretty easily when I knew what to look for.

• 3 weeks later...