Which Cooking Are You?

luvdunhill

a dark and stormy is definitely just goslings black seal and ginger beer.

Finally a voice of reason in tis shit storm of wrongness.

Lime juice in a D&S or G&T?  I think not.

Jacob, Dusty, and your vile ilk, are you heathens, some kind of barbarians or robot children of the cocktail culture seeking the next best ingredient?

Riddle me this?  It's been a long day, week, year, life (whatever, you get the picture) ... what do you reach for?  Some fruit drink?  I don't think so.  More likely a single malt, strong beer, or some spirit straight up.

I rest my case. :)

And ice.

Another voice of reason and correctess.

Where would we all be without ice?

Garnish doesn't count even if you squeeze it, and counting ice would be dick-assinine!  :P  A G&T -- which can be garnished not at all or with things other than lime or lemon as the Brits would have it -- is not a cocktail in the traditional sense.  A Dark & Stormy is a tougher call.  Many recipes -- and perhaps Gene's own -- do not contain lime juice but do include a lime garnish.  See above.  But I would say that including lime juice is a better cocktail and therefore my recipe would meet the three ingredient requirement.

• Like 2

Gene is correct. The classic definition of a cocktail is a beverage with at least three ingredients, at least one of which is an alcoholic spirit. Traditionally, that meant a spirit, a liqueur, and a sweetener, or more generically a mixer of whatever kind.

Back to the thread topic, although I didn't actually cook anything on this plate. I grew the tomatoes and basil and bought the mozzarella pearls, EVOO, salt and pepper. May add a bit of balsamic while eating.

ccd0604f3cc7feae60320150e9d049bd.jpg

Looks beautiful, but + olive oil and - balsamic.

• Like 1

Lime juice in a D&S or G&T?  I think not.

Jacob, Dusty, and your vile ilk, are you heathens, some kind of barbarians or robot children of the cocktail culture seeking the next best ingredient?

Pfff, I say, and 'pfff' again.

Unashamed card-carrying member of 'vile ilk'.

Oh, and in answer to your other question -- single malts are way too strong for me -- by the time I get my tolerance to that level of alcohol, I'll be dead -- and I can't drink beer, so I'll stick with my tasty, tasty watered down alcohol, thankyouverymush.  I'm perfectly at peace with that.

Cheers to you and yours, however wrong you may be!  cheers

The good news for Gene is that it's not exactly like there isn't a good beer or 3 to drink at my house.

As for me I'm making enchiladas again tonight.  I always prep and grill twice as much chicken on the first night so the second night is super easy.

Edited by n_maher
  • Like 1

8fd54f37ce9f7c6a08bc2620d9332929.jpg

Red beans and rice

Yes, please.

I want to eat most everything Dan makes despite his presentation and photography. :cool:

I made some salsa with criolla sella peppers and tomatoes from my little garden

8355d9b38d4e8dafa3e4bbdd15dff5f7.jpg

Ok then, no pictures, but sous vide lamb shoulder soft tacos with rice and Sriracha

Garden salsa ftw.  Looks fresh and tasty.

Dan ... ignore the rude DOTU photographic insult.  He was not himself - must have just been to some highbrow photo or art gallery, and had the hipster/art critic dials up to 11.

He was not himself, and I'm sure will shortly joineme in saying, "Keep those food pics coming."

In the meantime, I am Jones'ing for some of that sous vide lamb shoulder soft tacos with rice and Sriracha.

Bring it.

Yes, please.

Garden salsa ftw.  Looks fresh and tasty.

Dan ... ignore the rude DOTU photographic insult.  He was not himself - must have just been to some highbrow photo or art gallery, and had the hipster/art critic dials up to 11.

He was not himself, and I'm sure will shortly joineme in saying, "Keep those food pics coming."

In the meantime, I am Jones'ing for some of that sous vide lamb shoulder soft tacos with rice and Sriracha.

Bring it.

I was complimenting Dan's cooking.  Of course, I hope he keeps posting pics regardless of food styling.

Edited by Voltron