Which Cooking Are You?

luvdunhill

Yes, the results (assuming you have something that can give a good sear) pay for themselves. 

Compare, say , a trip to a steakhouse for two, vs same cuts cooked at home (and that's before not paying the margins on the drinks) fire and forget. No brainer,

Why not get from amazon , or somewhere with a good return policy, if you are unhappy / "not totally satisfied".

Damnit guys. 

Had I not just spent $1300 on board exams I need to take this summer, I would have already pulled the trigger. I guess I need a blowtorch apparatus with the searzall attachment as well. Could use my trusty cast iron pan but living in an apartment with a very finicky fire alarm and a roommate who freaks out when I even stir fry stuff these days, I think the searzall is a must with the sous vide. Of course, that could just be my way of rationalizing it. Will sleep on it and discuss with Julie tomorrow and assess whether its a need or a desire. She is a lot better at making rational decisions. Even though that might not be the HC way of doing things =/ 

Edited by crappyjones123

I looked at the price trends for searzall and it's never really been discounted so going to just wait to buy it when I buy the anova circulator. Although, I saw it could be used for eggs. I love fried eggs but hate overcooking them when I flip them for the whites to get cooked. I think the searzall will come in very handy for that.  

I don't think a bite  from someone else's plate counts. There was too much sauce. I couldn't taste the egg. 

Also, in trying to season my pan, this keeps happening. And I don't know how to get it to be a nice even finish. The pan I seasoned at Julies place is pretty much perfect. Nothing sticks to it. Mine on the other hand doesn't seem to want to cook eggs without taking half of them. Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong?

image.jpeg

On 1/25/2016 at 0:27 AM, Dusty Chalk said:

Marinating for tomorrow:  beef in bulgogi barbecue sauce with a touch of orange juice because that's the way I like it.

So I made the mistake of choosing stew beef for the beef -- is there a way to tenderize it, or a preferred way of cooking it that will make it more tender?  Low and slow or hot and fast?  And next time, what sort of beef should choose (besides the obvious -- "stir fry beef" -- which I believe they do have).