What are you drinking now, pt 2.

morphsci

I have a feeling no one really cares, but here goes:

Here's my status on "Forgotten"

https://spreadsheets2.google.com/ccc?key=tWZ6u-lD8IOZpIRseEELzHg&authkey=CIn68b8K&hl=en&authkey=CIn68b8K#gid=0

The drinks that require Amer Picon or Orgeat I'll try with my homemade ingredients, also the "priority" 1 and 2 (see column F).

That leaves the Priority 3-5. I wanted to see if there are any ingredients on those that you'd feel are must haves. In case you don't open the list, they are:

Cherry Herring

Junipero Genever

Pisco

Ransom Old Tom Gin

Chartreuse

creme de cacao

dark creme de cacao

Fernet Branca

parfait amor

Plymouth Sloe Gin

blue curacao

Gilka K

Shelly, thanks again for the tequila recommendation, I'm enjoying it tonite. The only other tequila I have any desire to try is El Tosoro. It was my favorite and then went out of production for a few years. It's back and I'm wondering if it's the same. That being said, the Casa is in da house tonite!

Nothing tonight since I stayed out way too late last night and had too much Thomas Handy and Sazerac 18!

Marc: If you find yourself in Houston, I could give you some of the ingredients you need (if you supply the baby food jars :) ) like Cherry Herring, Ransom Old Tom Gin, Creme de Violette, Curacao (I have the one died orange not blue though), Chartreuse.

Glad you like the Casa Noble!

Shelly - Actually it could work but I'm not sure of the proportions. 1:2 (Campari:Carpano) is probably as high as I would go. I will do a little taste test after I finish my Anvil # 24 Daiquiri

**2 oz light rum

**1 oz lime juice

**1/2 oz simple syrup

**a lime wedge (apply as garnish before serving).

Shake with ice and strain into an ice-filled wine glass. Add three drops of orange flower water on top.

Just had one of these, but no orange flower water and homemade simple syrup. Very nice indeed, I'd love to try it with orange flower water someday

Marc, I would focus on these, but not necessarily in this order.

Cherry Herring - Totally different than Luxardo maraschino and useful for any drinks calling for cherry brandy

Pisco - Unique grape based liquor that makes an excellent sour

Ransom Old Tom Gin - a lot of classic recipes call for Old Tom and it is different enough from both Englsh dry and Genever style gins to be worth using.

Chartreuse - There is no substitute for it. Buy the green and sub in a bit less in recipes calling for the yellow.

creme de cacao - You have to have some chocolate tasting liquor but it doesn't necessarily have to be Creme de Cacao

Rothman & Winter Cr

Anvil # 100 Zombie again using the Esquire recipe

1/2 ounce white rum

1 1/2 ounces golden rum

1 ounce dark rum

1/2 ounce 151-proof rum

1 ounce lime juice

1 teaspoon pineapple juice

1 teaspoon papaya juice (Guava nectar)

1 teaspoon superfine sugar

Stir together all these ingredients (the juice in the recipe is what mixologist David Embury calls the "mystery ingredient"; it can be pineapple juice, passion fruit nectar, coconut milk, apricot, or cherry brandy -- just about anything this side of Romilar) except the 151 and pour into a 14-ounce glass three-fourths full of cracked ice. Float the 151 as a lid (by pouring it into a spoon and gently dipping it under the surface of the drink). Then, if the spirit moves you, take a match to this mixture; it will burn. Garnish with mint (either straight or dipped in lime juice and then superfine sugar) and/or fruit. (A particularly fetching touch: On a toothpick, impale a lemon slice or pineapple cube between two maraschino cherries and lay this fruit kabob atop of the drink). Supply a straw and, after two, a hammock. After three: a stretcher.

IMG_0046.jpg

I decided not too light the 151 rum on fire as I could picture my wife asking me why I thought it would be a good idea to set myself on fire as she was driving me to the emergency room.

Anvil # 28 Dulchin using the Esquire recipe (which can be found under the recipe for the Hoptoad.

2 ounces pisco

1 ounce dry (Hungarian) apricot brandy (cheated here and used Apricot liquer)

2 teaspoons Grand Marnier

1 ounce lime juice

1 teaspoon grenadine

Shake well with cracked ice, then strain into a chilled cocktail glass.

IMG_0047.jpg

And DONE!