What are you drinking now, pt 2.

morphsci

Corpse Revivor No. 1

1.5oz brandy (prefeably cognac)

.75oz apple brandy (preferably calvados)

.75oz Italian vermouth

Stir with ice, strain, express twist of lemon and toss in.

18056ae2-d38d-0dcf.jpg

Very tasty, especially given the XO, but the No. 2 is still better.

New Yorker cocktail from the 1946 Stork Club Cocktail Book

2oz rye whiskey

Juice of half a lime

1 tsp sugar

1 dash grenadine

Orange twist

18056ae2-de6a-be47.jpg

Good stuff! Toasting Shelly's hubby's feeling better. And while typing my niece/goddaughter called to say she and her wonderful boyfriend are engaged and want to be married at Mayberry. I'm all verklempt, talk amongst yourselves. :)

Edited by Voltron

Shelly I hope you are back on the cocktail circuit soon.

Thanks, me too. :) At least I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Now it is sleepy time.

Nice drinks Al. I would have to agree that that the CR #2 is better (I mean, it is awesome and #1 doesn't sound as awesome or as corpse reviving).

Edited by shellylh

Stone brewery release night here in Central Illinois. At kellehers I had Oaked Arrogant Bastard, double dry-hopped Sublimely Self Righteous, Double Bastard with chipotle peppers, 2010 Imperial Russian Stout, Ruination IPA, and Highway 78 all on tap for a grand total of $11.

Edited by Aura

Al, I'm not sure how it differs in taste, but I believe the Rendezvous is a blend of 16 y.o. and 6 y.o., and the Rocky Mountain is all 16 y.o. or 21 y.o. as the case may be. FWIW, most of the raves I have seen are for the Rendezvous, which also happens to be less expensive.

my very last Tröegs Nugget Nectar...sad panda 'til next year...what a beer...others should try their hand at a citrus-y imperial amber...tellin' ya...sunshine in a bottle...

& i only got to drink two of those $2.75 pours of Topless Wytch before the keg ran out...luckily, I also ordered one for my friend before he got there...not to be a beer snob, but those yelpers had no idea what they were drinking...don't send beer back...

Due to an extremely generous person, ahem...

Caipirinha

2 oz Cachaça

2 tsp Caster sugar

1/2 lime, cut into wedges

Muddle the lime and sugar in a shaker. Fill the shaker with ice and add Cachaça. Shake vigorously and serve in a rocks glass. Garnish with a lime wheel.

4ac15198-145a-2c0a.jpg

Thanks again man!

Hey Adrian, how's things in Bawston?

Actually I'm in Woosta. It's cold and wet, I'm getting sick of being in school and that's about it.

Tonight's Whisky Wednesday covered Isle of Skye, Kilchoman's Summer and Winter releases and Smokehead. Was not impressed with any of these.