What are you drinking now, pt 2.

morphsci

Heard that is supposed to be decent, worth trying?

For the price - for sure.. I decanted it for at least an hour before drinking (being so young). And drank it over about an hour and a half.. It is all I want from the Beringer Cab standard release. Nice dark fruit and a bit of chocolate .. I will be picking up a small pile for drinking later. Just wanted to try it before it leaves Costco. I pretty much try this and the BV every year, for nice simple drinking Cabs...

Cheers,

Brandy Crusta (Anvil)

1.5 oz Brandy

.75 oz Cointreau

.75 oz fresh lemon juice

.125 oz maraschino liqueur

.125 oz Peychaud’s bitters

Shake and strain into a cocktail glass rimmed with sugar. Garnish with spiral of lemon peel.

Considerably different that the "Forgotten" receipe.

4ac15198-e6f8-6685.jpg

Edited by luvdunhill

Been nursing a panil bariquee for the past 3 hours or so, just about done. Decent sour, but could be more complex and really light on carbonation. Probably will not get another, it is definitely second tier for me.

Stillwater Artisanal - stateside saison

I am really liking this brewery

Thanks for the heads up, I have to admit to having been curious, will give them a chance.

Me: pub dog oatmeal chocolate stout -- I think I better stay away from chocolate beers for a while -- they taste too much like coffee to me -- I'd like to stick to caramel and toffee malts for a while.

Except for Southern Tier, of course. And Ommegang.

Alright, maybe I better stay away from generalizations for a while.

Goddamnit.

Burger with 2yr aged cheddar, onion focaccia. Salt and pepper rub, sear quickly both sides, add butter on top, toss in oven for 5 minutes with cheddar on top. I actually dropped a seasoning and broke the first wine glass (fortunately with only a taste of wine in it), so the heatgun made an appearance at the end to speed some stuff up like cheese melt. Eat with Terrazas de los Andes '09 Malbec. Not bad, not bad at all.

img1767xv.jpg