What are you drinking now, pt 2.

morphsci

Not fair! I want to have a drink and say fuck work too, but I am in court right now! Although our current witness is a gin drinker, the judge is a whiskey drinker and probably wouldn't appreciate a nice stirred martini. :/

Then martini number two is dedicated to you Al.

I'm totally pissed, as I finally found another site a few weeks ago that would ship a few bottles to me and finally got around to placing the order today. At the end of the checkout, they say that they cannot ship to a list of states, and then at the end they say "AS OF MAY 23rd, 2011 THIS INCLUDES TEXAS". Argh!

I'm totally pissed, as I finally found another site a few weeks ago that would ship a few bottles to me and finally got around to placing the order today. At the end of the checkout, they say that they cannot ship to a list of states, and then at the end they say "AS OF MAY 23rd, 2011 THIS INCLUDES TEXAS". Argh!

:angry:

Following Al's lead*, the Romance Cocktail from the Stock Book.

Romance Cocktail from the Stork Club book

1/2 oz brandy and curaçao mixed in equal parts

1/2 oz Amer Picon (Torani Amer)

1/2 oz French vermouth**

1/2 oz Italian vermouth

Stir with ice and strain into a chilled cocktail glass.

** I accidentally use Dolin Blanc instead of Dolin Dry - it was still good just a little sweeter than it probably should be.

* This drink was awesome and I should have doubled everything like Al.

VyGww.jpg

Edited by shellylh

Nope, no envoy trickery, just sharing too much on the part of the judge and witness. The judge has said -- on the record even -- that he and Jack Daniels will sit down to review trial transcripts and such, although he most recently said his late night working partner was Elijah Craig so he has upgraded his drinking companion a bit. The witness always orders martinis when we go to dinner after working, and lamented the need to forego gin and coffee while testifying this week. ;)

The '94 Ardbeg was good but not great, Mikey. Haven't had the '91.

Edited by Voltron

It's not trickery so much as conditioning -- do you remember the Bene Gesserit from Dune, how they could appear to read one's mind by studying one's body language sufficiently? It's kind of like that. The ability to retain knowledge is superhumanly augmented, maybe some of the sensory input, but the psychology of obtaining the information, how to use it later -- none of that is supernatural, it's just training.

Question: Norton Reserva Malbec, 2007 or 2008?
Yes please.
if malbec is the question, yes please is always the answer
Aargh.

Srsly -- my tastes are not so refined that I think I'd even be able to tell the difference. So I'd say go older if it's a special occasion, go younger if you just want to drink one, buy one of each if the question is a "which should I buy" question.

Nope, no envoy trickery, just sharing too much on the part of the judge and witness. The judge has said -- on the record even -- that he and Jack Daniels will sit down to review trial transcripts and such, although he most recently said his late night working partner was Elijah Craig so he has upgraded his drinking companion a bit. The witness always orders martinis when we go to dinner after working, and lamented the need to forego gin and coffee while testifying this week. ;)

I find this brilliant and fascinating. Have you ever used someone's drinking habits to assist you in a case?