What are you drinking now, pt 2.

morphsci

Had a couple of Stone Ruinations this evening. I guess I definitely have an allergy to some types of beer (maybe the hops?) because every Friday I have a beer or two and then get congested and get a headache. Sucks but I guess I am going to have to stop drinking beer or figure out which ones I am allergic to.

Ashe Vineyards Entre Nous Cabernet Sauvignon. This is an incredibly delicious Cab, if you have the opportunity you need to track one down, a 2007 or 2008 if you can. Only four barrels made so it will be hard to find but this represents a true hand crafted Oakville classic Cab. Goes great with today's sunset!

Has anyone tried Bittercube bitters? Not that I really need any more frickin bitters, but just curious.

Haven't tried them but just ordered the sampler. Thanks

a6cd8bf4-fd82-6a3a.jpg

Kentucky Porch Wash at 15 Romolo

Rittenhouse 100 rye

Benedictine

Cherry Heering

Angostura and orange bitters

Absinthe rinse

Pretty tasty stuff to wash away the week.

Sounds good. Just made up the proportions and guessed on the glassware.

2 oz Willett rye

1/2 oz Benedictine

1/2 oz Cherry Heering

1 dash Angostura and 1 dash Fee's orange bitters

Absinthe rinse

aaad66eb.jpg

Apparently I missed the memo where this was declared Dry Friday. Oh well, I don't mind drinking alone.

a6cd8bf4-0330-f748.jpg

Corpse Reviver no. 2. I love it when the bartender knows the drink and makes it the way I like it without even asking or looking for a recipe.

Well we returned home from the gymnastics/tumbling awards banquet and I sucked down a Leffe while catching up on the drinking. Decided the Kentucky Porch Wash looked good but did not have any Benedictine so had to make a quick run. As you can see above, I'm back.

Lonerider shotgun betty.

Had a couple of Stone Ruinations this evening. I guess I definitely have an allergy to some types of beer (maybe the hops?) because every Friday I have a beer or two and then get congested and get a headache. Sucks but I guess I am going to have to stop drinking beer or figure out which ones I am allergic to.

Some Belgian yeasts I have a small allergy too I believe. Hard to say exactly what beer will do it though.

I plan to pick up some L&L Batch 2 this weekend. I think I have one bottle of Batch 1 left to compare. Glad you're liking it Dusty Frog.

Haven't tried them but just ordered the sampler. Thanks

Sounds good. Just made up the proportions and guessed on the glassware.

2 oz Willett rye

1/2 oz Benedictine

1/2 oz Cherry Heering

1 dash Angostura and 1 dash Fee's orange bitters

Absinthe rinse

Well we returned home from the gymnastics/tumbling awards banquet and I sucked down a Leffe while catching up on the drinking. Decided the Kentucky Porch Wash looked good but did not have any Benedictine so had to make a quick run. As you can see above, I'm back.

Yeah, I was thinking of ordering the sampler from Bittercube too. We can compare notes later. smile.png

How did those proportions work out? At 15 Romolo, it was essentially like a Sazerac but with Benedictine and Heering for sweetness and was up in the tumbler like a Saz, too. It had a cherry wrapped with a lemon peel also. It was pretty tasty but I might like it with less Benedictine (although Marc would not cool.png ).

Yeah, I was thinking of ordering the sampler from Bittercube too. We can compare notes later. smile.png

Excellent! They looked like an interesting selection plus they are actually semi-local being in Milwaukee.

How did those proportions work out? At 15 Romolo, it was essentially like a Sazerac but with Benedictine and Heering for sweetness and was up in the tumbler like a Saz, too. It had a cherry wrapped with a lemon peel also. It was pretty tasty but I might like it with less Benedictine (although Marc would not cool.png ).

I went with a heavy pour on the rye and scant pours of Benedictine and Cherry Heering and it tasted good. I did notice the lemon after I had almost finished it but couldn't see it was wrapped around a cherry. It was definitely worth trying again so will use the garnish next time and probably a little bitters experimentation as well.